Finally SWAPed: REVHARD IM clearance problem+More? HELP! FULL-RACE

Well after being crippled prior to my swap (Aug '04), my father and I finally got the motor bolted in with the tranny and bolt ons.

The oh so HUGELY ported REVHARD manifold is literally a paper slice shy from hitting the master cylinder resavoir. I have two of the motor mounts still un mounted (front and rear; total of 4; 91 integra) and Im not sure if that is playing a role in this clearance issue either.

Is there a way to re-position this master cylinder, What do I do?

Next is my vacuum issue. From what I understand as long as the vacuum lines are connected thats all that matters. The back of the manifold has two vacuum lines. One for the break booster line and the other for the main source of vaccum i think.

The gold fitting is the booster and the other is the what I would call that “main” vaccum line.

Im kinda tipsy and thats all I can think of right now as problems ive ran into.

Here is some eyecandy:

GRRRR… I cant edit posts after 5 minutes, thats stupid!

EDIT: After searching it seems im the onlyone running this manifold cause i havent seen anyone else runing into this problem.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I NEED ANSWERS!

from what i found out like a year ago was thier was only like 5 people that have re-located a master cylynder. i ran into the same problem. i had a b16 and i bought the jackson racing supercharger for it but the master cylinder wouldnt go on so i had to uninstall the whole thing. but anyways i only found like five people that did it and none of them were in america
but good luck. if i find pics i will post them. i mean have you noticed that no company makes a supercharger for a da that replaces the mainifold. the only supercharger you can you use is a vortech and they setup like a turbo

I forgot to mention that im running a Outlaw Eng. IM gasket kit (like hondata) (its about 1/4’’ thick) From my pics you think if i removed that gasket it would make clearance:idea:? I still dont think so but its got me pondering.

thanks for the info! We need to find out how to reposition this resavoir. I know theres got to be a fix for this esp for all the people running revhard on ht.

Im not super charging the car either if thats what you thought; I kinda got the vibe you i thought was.

that threaded peice on the manifold is i think for direct port n2o. Ill never use it so it doesnt matter, thats just as far as it threads in.

Anyone know my vacuum answer?

no brp didnt thinking you were super carging it i just said i had the same problem when i tried to supercharge the new jackson manifold was so big that the master cylinder wouldnt go on
good look trying to fix that caus you wont unless you do a new firwall

what about a new plastic container to use to hold the fluid, thats all its hitting is the container

no because if you take apart that master cylinder you wiill see it is fully mechanical you would have to modify that some how

i have a few ideas

1. use a stock gasket; not that outlaw one (save 1/4’’ of room)
  2. use a civic mc and booster (bad idea from what ive read)
  3. extend or reroute the container so its out of the way
  4. grind some of the manifold off and reweld it so its air tight.

Id hate to do number 4 but that might be my only choice…

What do you all think?

1. grind some of the manifold off and reweld it so its air tight.

I told you to do this on h-t… Its the easiest way. This will only take 15 mins. to do. Everything else you need money and time.Than if you do this you can keep the gasket you have. It woundnt hurt to try the stock gasket first.Plus that hole has no use.

i just trying to fix the problem without grinding anything, im going to look into a few options before i start grinding away at things

The fitment of your intake is exactly the same as the JG one. Just grind down the bolt sticking out from the end the the intake. I used a muffler cutter to cut mine off. Pic is kinda dark but it doesn’t touch the master cylinder at all, even under load.

THERE WE GO! Theres a great post :slight_smile:

Im considering cutting the plug but like i said cutting/grinding is the last resort.

Are you running any special intake gaskets?

its not HITTING anything yet but the space between the plug and plastic resovior is paper thing (meaning i can only fit a peice of paper between the two)

+1 did the same thing works great!!! before I grinded it down I had a nasty vairation in my petals because of the manifold vibrating on the brake MC.

i did the came thing with my jg awhile back.

how many of you guys grinded it down in the car? Id hate to take this thing back off lol, well I do need to get the rear bracket for the motor mount on maybe this will give me some room.

If you grind it down still in car than dont take that plug off or metal chips will get in than you got problems… Use a dremal and just shave it up alittle bit. What do you have pluging that hole. Looks big. I did mine out of the car the same time i was installing it.

Just use a sawsal and cut it in the car. Thats what I did.

What do you mean, cut the plug flush? You didnt weld it back up?

Yes, thats what I did with mine. I bought the intake used and the guy that I bought it from used some sort of red thrad sealer on it. I cut mine flush with the intake because when I had the intake in my hands I saw that I had enough thread still left inside the intake to handle that cut. So I put it in the car to see if I could get away without cutting it. When I saw how tight the space was I cut it on the car.

just wondering where you got that crossmember and how much was it