Opinion needed (Turbo LS Proj)

I was originally thinking about using a 14b for my turbo project, but I think something a little larger would be more suitable for my LS. I’ve been reading through Corky Bell’s Maximum Boost about compressor maps and such. It looks to me like a T3 Super 60 Trim 0.63 A/R would be a pretty decent turbo for 6-8 psi daily driving. I’m not looking for insane numbers, just something that’ll spool fairly quick (3000-3500 rpm maybe) and give a decent power increase. I’d be happy with 200-220HP when all is said and done. Keep in mind this is on all stock internals and most likely tuning by xenocron with TurboEdit. Let me know what you guys think about the turbo, and if you don’t like it, what would you suggest I use? Thanks in advance.

A 14b is just fine for a stock LS motor. We used a 14b on a stock 92 with 450 DSM injectors, a 190 LPH fuel pump, and uberdata. The guy’s running 10psi daily driven and putting down over 200whp, with full boost by 3700rpms. People will say not to run boost that high, but it’s all about tuning. If you get it tuned very well, 10psi is fine and 220whp is easily reachable with a 14b.

A 14B turbo is more then enough for you to reach your goals on a completely stock motor. The super 60 turbo will support over 350+whp. But your only as good as your tune. Your goals are very doable, you shouldn’t have any problems reaching them. I am actually quite impressed to say the least. Cause now a days everybody wants a big hp setup and never had anything that powerful before. Very dangerous if your not carefull. Good luck :up:

Definitely depends on what you want out of your setup. If you’re only planning on running 6-8 psi, go with the 14b. My buddy’s got a dodge colt with a 4g63 dsm motor swapped in it with a stock 14b turbo and it’s just mind-boggling how fast that turbo spools up! Stepping on it in second easily burns the tires, whereas my t3/t4 needs about 5000 rpm to break the tires loose in that gear. The only reason I have this turbo is because I purchased my setup fairly cheap, and I’m planning on building my motor to handle 20-25 psi in the next year.

im going to be running a similar set up. dsm450s, t25 and im buying a wide band pretty soon. looking to hit 200hp on 8psi. reading into turbo edit but i really need somebody to run me through it a few times so i can get the hang of it myself. lol, i dont like to ask too many questions :stuck_out_tongue: . none the less, i would still like to talk to xenoncron myself, im pretty local to you, maybe all three of us could meet up? have a group session on turbo edit??

Are you looking for 200 hp at the wheels or flywheel? I was originally planning on using a T25 until some friends proved to me that it wasn’t worth it. A 14b will more than reach 200 whp, but a T25 is pushing it, especially at only 6-8 psi.

I’m going with the T3 Super 60 with .48 A/R. I have similar goals but I’m at Elevation.

Chunk

If u guys are meeting up for a quick lesson in turboedit, count me in. I dont understand it for shit