X

Went to the DYNO today!!!

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the DYNO today!!!

my buddy at work set up a group dyno @ R&D today..so i went ahead and dynoed my semi street tuned turboedit..for some reason i'm getting a boost cut @9psi(i think my boost gauge is reading a little off)so @ 8psi I made 208whp 197tq...t3/t4,450cc,e-cut out,255lph...3 bar map here i come...
    here are some of the pics..

other nice cars that went..

this guy dynoed at 330whp and took me for a spin later(what a ride)..

dyno queen for the day(630whp)

Nice #'s

What version of the code are you running? There were boost cut issues with NG28 @ 8psi and then they were fixed with NG48 code.

Then someone slightly modified the NG48 code and reintroduced the cut and I think people were downloading his crap.

Get a virgin copy of NG48 and paste your maps in and then check it with a wideband.

I put down 251 to the wheels a couple weeks ago @ 13psi on the stock map sensor (ooops!)

Comment

thanks i'm going to try that and also i need to get a new boost gauge my obx boost gauge is a little off(can't really tell if i'm running 8 psi).
      very nice dyno #s you got there,I wish i could boost that high today o'well there's always next time..
      TURBOEDIT

Comment

what turbo kit u running and do u have a video of your dyno pull u just did

Comment

sorry no video..i pieced my own kit..

Comment

I've had my DA9 for two years now and i have saved up quite a bit of money and I can't decide if i wan't to go turbo or just build my b18a into a beast. Just wanted to know how much it cost to do your set up and if it was worth it to you. Thanks.

Comment

What are the specs of the T3/T4?

Comment

Originally posted by IntegraVSR
                I've had my DA9 for two years now and i have saved up quite a bit of money and I can't decide if i wan't to go turbo or just build my b18a into a beast. Just wanted to know how much it cost to do your set up and if it was worth it to you. Thanks.
                I sold my 89' civic b16 turbo for $3gs and I used most of that money to piece my turbo kit including the cp pistons,eagle rods,acl bearings(not installed yet)..just be patient and shop around for a good price parts...I got my parts for these price.
                brand new t3/t4 .63 .60 .57 trim..$500.shipped
                new love-fab shorty manifold..$320 shipped..life time warranty
                new tial 38mm,cp pistons,acl bearings..$780
                new eagle rods..$299 shipped
                used blitz bov..$80 shipped
                U and J bend pipes from Jegs.com..$120 shipped(fabbed my own dp & charge pipes)=Free
                new oil feed and return..$80
                used dsm 450cc injectors..$50 shipped
                new walbro 255lph..$89 shipped
                socketed pm6 ecu..$100 shipped
                new enhanced willem burner..$50 picked up
                TURBOEDIT..Free
                plx m300 wideband..$300 picked up
                Labor..FREE(DIY)
                No REGRETS here...

Comment

Do you think with more precise tuning you can get any more power on the same psi? I have a similar setup with a .48 60 T3/T4 and was hoping for about 215-220whp with the 8.5psi spring. Do you think that is reasonable or will i have to boost a little more?

Comment

nice numbers. I am thinking of going the cp piston and golden eagle rods with oem bearings. you do anything to the block when you installed them?

Comment

Originally posted by DurboDug93
                      Do you think with more precise tuning you can get any more power on the same psi? I have a similar setup with a .48 60 T3/T4 and was hoping for about 215-220whp with the 8.5psi spring. Do you think that is reasonable or will i have to boost a little more?
                      I believe i could have made more with precise tuning...btw i did a compression check last week..160 accoross

Comment

Originally posted by makalu
                        nice numbers. I am thinking of going the cp piston and golden eagle rods with oem bearings. you do anything to the block when you installed them?
                        i haven't installed them yet i'm looking for a spare block right now..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IntegraVSR
                          It cost way to much going N/A to get anywhere close to a turbo set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by makalu
                            Obvoiusly a hone, and an align hone is a great thing to do if you have the dough. At least check the mains and see if they are in alignment. I have seen em twisted in stock blocks that have never been apart.

On a side note we have been using KING bearings on all our motors going out of the shop and they are working out very well.

Oh and HookonBoost, like i said on h-t, nice car/numbers, your setup has some potential...

Comment

Originally posted by quickda6
                              Oh and HookonBoost, like i said on h-t, nice car/numbers, your setup has some potential...
                              thanks...

Comment

Nice numbers again man. I cant seem to get any luck with mine. but im glad to see you got that thing running good. and it looks great.

Comment

nice #'s.. niiice car!!

Comment

thanks guys...
                                    Hey G"UNIT! how's your turbo DA?

Comment

nice i just installed some king bearings in my rebuilt motor. i hope it goes well. when we swap it in. for the old one

Comment

Working...
                                      X