Another Auto Turbo!!

Well should I be able to get away with a T3 Super 60 on a 1990 Teg with 168,000 miles. I plan on boosting around 7lbs, could my tranny take this on a daily basis or would I need to install a stronger torque converter. Also this may sound like a stupid question but, I was told by some guy that with auto turbocharged vehicles after hard acceleration you have to let off the gas before it shifts and then press it to relieve pressure from the BOV so your turbo won’t mess up. Example, accel from 0 -30 let off gas then stomp it again after you let off

22 Views and no replies come on people :rant:

I’d install the tq. converter just to be safe… I’d also run about 5 Psi instead of 7.

:up:

Keep updating

what about 6psi would that be okay cause 5psi seems a little low i’ll be lucky to be over 200hp with 5psi!! If I can use a T3/T4 hybird that will produce more power at lower psi then this would help the project, because I picked the T3 Super 60 due to not wanting to have a to big of a power increase for the tranny to handle. But if anyone knows a good T3/T4 with AR housing numbers etc to install on this project add in comments please :up:

I’ve never heard of this. What I have heard is that auto’s don’t close the butterfly valve between shifts (as a manual would) so you have less “non-powered” time, which is especially noticeable in 1/4 mile runs. But I never really researched it. :shrug:

I’d also go with a better torque converter with a higher stall speed.