Where do you guys put your windshield washer reservoir?

After you remove it for your turbo -> IC pipe, where do you put the reservoir?

I took it right out. WAY easier. You could make a new reservoir etc, but then you’d have to make the ports etc for the pumps.

Do you ever miss it? My old man said he wouldn’t do it because you’d never be able to get it clean. I have no problem carrying a squigy though lol

I always carry a small squigy, and some towels and rainX. When I did ahve it hooked all up. I routed the front pump to bosot the rear pump so that I could spray at lame tailgators anwayys lol… I hardly ever miss it.

put it in the trash can, best place for a useless acessory

Buddy when you live where it snows and they salt the salt the roads it’s not so useless. Anywhere you drive in the winter (if you do turbo your daily driver) you get brown nasty slushy crap thrown on your windshield.

This is true it really sucks driving around in the winter everytime a semi goes by your blinded for like 5 seconds. Here in Iowa a few years back the state started using this new chemical with the salt and my dad(works for the DOT) told me that this new stuff would eat a nail overnight if you left one in a bucket of the chemical. NASTY NASTY STUFF!!!

If you lvoe your teg, you dont’ drive it in te winter. :stuck_out_tongue: So I don’t have to worry about that haha

leave it to iowa to fuck everything up for car owners. :down:

(i’m from ames. i’m allowed to say that.)

vince phallus is from iowa too. he scammed a bunch of people on g2ic. he’ll get his soon enough. hopefully a drunk driver paralyzes him for life…cause lord knows in iowa nothing happens to drunk drivers anymore thanks to the governer’s son. :up:

What do you even need to take the resevoir out for in the first place?

That de-icer stuff is bad shit. They’ve been using it in Colorado for a few years now, and I’m sooooo scared of it. I spun out on the highway doing 70 in a 65 doing nothing at all because of that stuff, I think they had just laid it down. The very next time I went to work (I worked in the mountains at the time) I came around the corner just in time to just miss a Maxima from opposing traffic enter the median and flip over and land in the fast lane on the other side of the highway. I’ve been in a parking lot right after they put it down, and it’s much slicker than water.

I never relocated mine. I run my intercooler pipe from the turbo right into that 3" hole on the drivers side where the windshield washer res is. The res is shaped in the form of a circle. You should not have to move it anywhere. I run a 2 1/2" intercooler pipe right down that hole with no problems with the res.

Washer fluid is for pussies :baby:

I took mine out to make it easier to route the piping…

here in NS, Canada we have to have a working washer system to pass inspection. so if i can’t get my IC pipe around it, its going to be a custom built washer rez made of fiberglass.

intercooler spray!

i was able to keep it in the exact same place and still have 2.25" piping fit.

Hard to love a car that you won’t be able to keep for very long because you don’t drive it to work in the winter. :giggle:

2.25’’ piping will work for most people if you route it right.

Thats why you have two cars :wink:

Care to donate some money to the GrayT foundation so I can get another car for the sole purpose because I took out my windshield washer resevoir? LOL :slight_smile:

rain ex the hell out of the windshield, it shouldnt get too bad if you keep the defroster on that way it will melt anything frozen on the windshield and the water will run off.

The fluid really serves no purpose, only if the salty shit dries then its a problem… just stop at a gas station… some-things must be sacrificed for greatness.