X

Oil Cooler??

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Cooler??

Is anybody running oil coolers on their FI Tegs? If so i would like to see some pics and/or ideas on them. I was reading that the turbo guide recommends using a thermostatic bypass valve, which diverts the oil from the cooler until it gets to a certain temp. I understand what this is used for, but how do you hook it up? Just concerned about my engine life, thats all.
    Last edited by DurboDug93; 23 Oct 2004, 16:36:37.

hey i was just looking into oil coolers too. A few people told me that unless your driving really hard all the time your oil will get too cold.
    anyways i searched at honda-tech and came up with this
    http://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
    hope it helps

Comment

damn, i thought that would link you to the searched results ... just search oil coolers, Archived content, FI.

Comment

Thats why you use that thermostatic bypass valve i was talking about. It doesnt let the oil go to the oil cooler until it reaches a certain temp. Because oil doesnt lubricated properly unless it is hot enough. Permacool sells them, but i just dont know how to hook it up.

Comment

b17a1

the b17a1 has an oil cooler, but you are talking fi never mind

Comment

Yes, I'm running one. My oil temps were getting very high but the cooler took good care of that. I recommend getting one.

The bypass valve should come with instructions, if it doesn't it will be obvious how to hook it up once you see it.

Comment

Working...
            X