equal length manifold. Is it worth the $$$?

I have a choice between a log type manifold and a full race style manifold. I am considering a full-race style manifold but the price is triple. I have looked at the full-race website and it gives better response and hp.

Do you guys have any experience in using these equal length manifolds? Is it worth the money compared to hp and engine response?

Here’s most likely what’s going to go to my car

$$$
turbonetics t3/t4
tial wastegate
full-race manifold
spearco intercooler

AGAINST

(cheap)
td05-18g
greddy type s bov
log type manifold
mitsu starion intercooler

I am all for do it once do it right. spend the money now so you don’t have to later.

http://boosted-hybrid.com/viewtopic.php?t=1198

Read that…shines some light on what you are looking at…

For a basic turbo setup though, IMO triple the price doesnt mean triple the performance.

Go log or cast, and then when you learn and become a turbo guru…step up!

IMO, I don’t think it’s worth going full-race, at least not for a street tune. Unless you want to push high HP numbers, then the extra performance you get from an equal length doesn’t justify the cost (like you said… tripple). Talk to alot of the local guys and you’ll get the same answer. Go with log-style and use the money you save towards something else like a boost controller, VictorX, or even better: Tuning and dyno-time.

You can find full-race style maifolds for cheaper on HT. You can also just get the Blox manifold for like $300 shipped. It is very similar to the inline pro.

Manifolds don’t make huge gains either way. Thats only one part of a setup. Fuel system, turbo, exhaust and tunning along with a properly put together motor is more of a factor for hp output numbers then having giving too much thought on manifold choices. Don’t get my post twisted. I am not slamming anyone, just stating a general fact. Do I think 10whp difference between these different manifolds justify spending a additional $500- $700 more? Not in my eyes. I would rather spend that extra cash in valvetrain, or stronger internals to get that extra hp out of it. Fact of the matter is, people have made huge whp (well over 600whp) with homemade manifolds that they have made in their garage copying the design of other manifold manufacturers. FullRace parts are great and proven, but the name FULLRACE says it all. Are you guys building track cars to compete? or street cars that have the extra hp to shock a few V8 people (ie: 250 to 375whp applications). All I am saying is don’t loose sleep over a manifold being the deciding factor of your motor making big hp, because the diference betwwen these manifolds are not catastrophic. I say buy what fits your budget best and fits in your engine compartment best, then build around that.

What about THIS manifold? My buddy has one on his hatch and likes it, I’m trying to find one for my project.

Chunk

:werd: x infinity

I will make it easy, go with the cheap one. It may not have equal leingths, but it is 1/3 the price.

thx guys I have decided to go with a short tubular manifold style!