G2IC Turbo Guide

The turbo guide is done…

Click It

[B]======================

While the guide is a great contribution to the specifics of the DA integra, I wanted to emphasize one very important line from Haberdasher,

An excellent source of information is the book “Maximum Boost: Design, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems” by [Corky] Bell. Though not specific to Hondas, this book is one of the best sources for general information on what is required to design a turbocharger system

If you go through the guide and decide to continue on with the project, I highly urge you invest the $34.99 (retail) on this excellent book IMMEDIATELY. Do this before your mind is filled with misconceptions and just plain false information from the various boards. It will save you so much time researching and contemplating solutions he already covers. It must have taken me about a year to learn what Corky covers in the first 30 pages or so.

RTFMB! XDEep.

======================[/B]

awwesome job haberdasher!!!
:rockon: :rockon:

Yeah man, thats a really great job done on the guide!! You should put a link rght to it under your Details On My Car link.

hmmm…:sucks:

j/k archivethis :smiley:

amazing!

dave’s an attention whore. :stuck_out_tongue:

tee hee

nice

:up: Great job Dave.
-nino

Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. Good general info overall. Little more specifics on certain details would be nice.

Well Done!!

:up: :drool: very nice.

haberdasher
on the homemadeturbo.com it says that if you use 450 dsm’s you would have to wire in resistors from the ecu to injectors
here
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/dsm_injectors/index.html

I look at my older civics and wiring looks like yours but wouldn’t it be from the ecu to injectors?

that website says:

"On each injector you have a yellow/black wire. This is the power wire from the ECU. This voltage is constant and needs to be regulated, thus using a inline resistor. We have used 10watt 10ohm inline resistors from radio shack, they cost about 5 bucks for 4 of them. (packs of 2) Cut each wire (one at a time) strip the wire back and twist the wire around the resistor wire. I highly recommend using solder on this connection, as shown. Then tape up each resistor really good with some electrical tape. "

which is what is in the guide. The amount of resistance in the +12v wire to the injector is what needs to be regulated. The colored wires that go to the injector, from the ECU, are the control wires.

Thanks for the props everyone :up:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Originally posted by Haberdasher
[B]that website says:

"On each injector you have a yellow/black wire. This is the power wire from the ECU. This voltage is constant and needs to be regulated, thus using a inline resistor. We have used 10watt 10ohm inline resistors from radio shack, they cost about 5 bucks for 4 of them. (packs of 2) Cut each wire (one at a time) strip the wire back and twist the wire around the resistor wire. I highly recommend using solder on this connection, as shown. Then tape up each resistor really good with some electrical tape. "

which is what is in the guide.

:up: [/B]

I guess I am misunderstanding…the question I have is that on the diagram you drew, there are wires going to ecu and wires going to a plug that ends on the side of the engine. Your drawings show you should wire the resistors to the wires that end with the plug. My comment was that on homemadeturbo they said “On each injector you have a yellow/black wire. This is the power wire from the ecu… This voltage is constant and needs to be regulated, thus using a inline resistor. We have used 10watt 10ohm inline resistors from radio shack, they cost about 5 bucks for 4 of them. (packs of 2) Cut each wire (one at a time) strip the wire back and twist the wire around the resistor wire. I highly recommend using solder on this connection, as shown. Then tape up each resistor really good with some electrical tape.”

I tried installing 450 injectors and safc and wired it the way you have it drawn and I think it didn’t work. I had thought it wouldn’t make a difference but then again I went back and reread HMT thread and it made sense to wire the resistors to the wires coming from ecu. Now I really dont know about everyones integra but all the wires to my injectors are both black and yellow. I had to splice the stock harness and trace it. I am using an fmu now but am trying to go back to 450cc with safc. I am going to do this this weekend to see if it was the wiring difference. Again, I am not trying to flame or anything but I just wanted to try to clear this thing up…I will let everyone know this weekend…

The yellow and black wire does come from the ECU, through the PGM-FI relay, this is how power is regulated. The other wires brown, red, blue, yellow go directly to the ECU. What homemadeturbo is saying is the same exact thing I have in the turbo guide. I don’t get why you think I am saying something different than homemadeturbo. They say:

“On each injector you have a yellow/black wire. This is the power wire from the ecu… This voltage is constant and needs to be regulated, thus using a inline resistor.”

They are saying put the resistor on the yellow/black wire just like what I have in the guide.

You are missing some fundamental thing here and I’m not sure what it is. Here’s the stock wiring diagram

When you tried putting the resistors on the yellow/black wire did you check for continuity between the yellow/black wires you found and the injector connector to make sure you had the right yellow/bkack wire?

Do you have a 92-93 Integra?

Are you sure the injectors work?

yes I have a 92 integra and I dont know for sure if the injectors work…they are brand new 450 cc and came with full warranty though.

The problem I have is that all the wires that are from each clip of the injectors all all yellow and black. There is no red, blue, or brown wires. There are 8 wires total from injector clips, all black and yellow. I don’t know if this is how it is on 92-93 integras but that is how mine is. Four of the wires go into the firewall and to ecu. The other 4 wires go into a plug that ends on the firewall. I will post some pictures up this weekend.

where did you get the injectors? what kind are they?

if you put a resistor on the wire that goes to the ecu you may fry the ecu.

what about us with F20’s in our tegs?

what’s that?

:up:

no mention of pgmfi or homemadeturbo tho =/