cant take off the last part to uncover the blower

OK i was doing the teg tip to fox my leak. but i cant take off the last part to uncover the blower. i cant get out the plastic screws and dont want to break them and the two closest clips next to the passanger fender are being a challenge sooo help?

I just changed my seals this weekend. Those screws you talk of suck, they’re horrible. I was only able to get one out w/o damaging it. But, I had ordered all new replacements so I didn’t try for too long before saying F it.

I was just as pissed when I put the new screws in that they don’t actually screw into place, they just spin and spin and spin. I ended up just pushing them straight down.

Since the screws probably aren’t going to come out just by using a screwdriver you shouldn’t be too worried about messing up the head of the screw. In the past I’ve taken a very small metal screw and screwed it INTO the head of these plastic screw clips. Just get a couple threads in and then you can use pliers to grab the metal screw and pull upwards, pulling the plastic screw with it. You damage the phillips head grooves but it’s not like a screwdriver does any good removing/installing these damn things anyway.

The teg tip mentions using a flat head screwdriver to help pull up while you turn the phillips. Tried that and it didn’t work at all for any of my clips… again, that’s why I just used needled nose pliers and ripped 'em all out since I had new replacements.

can you gimme the part numbers? that would help and how much did the replacement cost you?

Wait, now that I re-read your post I’m wondering something.

Are you referring to the 8 screw clips which hold down the cabin cover? Or are you talking about the two “push” style clips with smooth heads which are closest to the fender?

I replaced all of the 8 screw clips, p/n 90657-SA6-003 $3.35ea

I wished I would have known or I would have ordered those other little push style clips as well. I simply did not remove them, just peeled the cabin cover back enough to put the seals into place. It didn’t damage the clips or bend the cabin cover at all. The p/n for these little clips is 91513-SH3-003 and cost $2.65ea

I placed a huge order of OEM parts, including a new cowl (which arrived broken!), so I’m not sure what the total was for the cowl hardware alone.

i was actually talking about the 8 screws and also the two clips i just was scared to break the screws. but i guess i will have to order new ones. rain season is coming :frowning:

If you don’t want to spend the extra $20+ I would recommend doing what I suggested above and remove the plastic screws with a small metal screw. It should work fine.