Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What lip is this??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

What lip is this??

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What lip is this??

    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6347/jnisei5.jpg

    thanks

    #2
    looks like the JDP OE2 lip but in fiberglass. I like it better in Carbon tho. Heres the link:
    http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192501

    Comment


      #3
      lol yeah i think it is funny thing is i've seen that lip many times before... how did i not put 1 and 2 together but some else here made a lip that looks like that but it was sorta bigger

      Comment


        #4
        interested in knowing what lip and where can i get one as well

        Comment


          #5
          It's just a Type-R style lip you can pick up from just about any shop that sells areomotive parts.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by darkstarsinner View Post
            It's just a Type-R style lip you can pick up from just about any shop that sells areomotive parts.
            its a JDP lip. it had already been answered.

            Comment


              #7
              It's not necessarily a JDP lip. JDP just makes a style like that. And I was answering the guy that just asked about it lately. While I do like JDP not all lips come from him. There is no badge installed to indentify it with.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by darkstarsinner View Post
                It's not necessarily a JDP lip. JDP just makes a style like that. And I was answering the guy that just asked about it lately. While I do like JDP not all lips come from him. There is no badge installed to indentify it with.
                Yes, it is a JDP lip, definitely, no question about it. And no, no other company makes a lip that looks exactly like the one pictured. Similar maybe, but not that same shape and size. The "Type R" lips are a lot different, the OE2 lip was made because a group of people did not like the OE1 or Type R styles and wanted one that was as close to stock as possible, yet hung a bit lower.

                Comment


                  #9
                  damn i want that lip

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I thought JDP only made that lip in CF?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by darkstarsinner View Post
                      It's just a Type-R style lip you can pick up from just about any shop that sells areomotive parts.
                      You really think that looks like a type r style lip... that lip is completely different then a type r style lip.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by hb420 View Post
                        You really think that looks like a type r style lip... that lip is completely different then a type r style lip.
                        Yes, yes I do. But if I'm wrong I'm wrong.But to be honest, unless the owner of the car says where he got it, or maye if JDP confirms it as far as I'm concerned it could still be a number of any lips. Many different companies make those style lips and I'm sure there not all exactly the same.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by darkintegra View Post
                          I thought JDP only made that lip in CF?
                          It is possible the owner painted the CF lip to match his car.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Post links to companies that make lips that look like that. I positive there isn't any. Just look at the thread jdp has with pictures of the lips and that one is in there. It's not that hard to paint a lip if it's carbon

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by spikeymike View Post
                              It is possible the owner painted the CF lip to match his car.
                              That's exactly what was done. There's a thread on honda-tech about his car, i was trying to find it but the search options on h-t are terrible.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                As the other stated. Again, it IS a JDP lip. Yes, as far as I know they are only available in carbon. But obviously his lip has been painted so making any assumption as to what material it is made out of would be speculation at best. It could have started out carbon, fiberglass, plastic...

                                Both the white car and the red car w/ the OE2 lip on JDP's site are owned by friends of mine, they were the first to have that lip, and I saw the lip in carbon on J's car before it was painted. Maybe someone will dig up the H-T thread Herb mentioned.

                                I know that probably won't convince you darkstinner, but that's fine by me. But to put some more punch in what you're saying, why don't you go out and find us a picture of another DA lip which looks remotely like the OE2 on J's car. I've never seen any. Again, that lip was made because none other existed, all the other available lips were more like the ITR or that duct lip JDP makes. All too aggressive or large. The OE2 was designed because there simply was no lip available which was simple and exactly like stock, just slightly lower hanging.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  For arguments sake here. Paint it white and what do you have?




                                  And bring up Jons lip and the one that was posted and do a side by side comparison. The lip on the white car is not only flatter, but also longer. Both cars are at the same angle so it should be easy to see the difference.









                                  Now here is where I would understand complete rejection of the idea. These lips seem to be the most common, but once again not every manufacturer is the same.


                                  Last edited by darkstarsinner; 19 Sep 2009, 15:21:06.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by darkstarsinner View Post
                                    1 I never said anything about the material, so you should make sure that's directed to the OP of that comment. 2 WTF is the big deal. I say it's a possibility of being some other lip and you guys want to have a F'ing heart attack. I'm not gonna go looking for lips I don't even like just so you guys will quit crying. All I said is it was possibly another lip. How many times have we seen people modify shit that's not even from our cars to make them fit??? I mean seriously is it that big of a fucking deal to you? And how convenient that that guy is your friend. Well I have a friend who has a Type-R lip that looks awfuly close to that (Hint: I'm conveiniently lying to try and prove you wrong.) Just let it go, seriously. God all Mighty I fucking hate know it alls. That lip really isn't all that crazy. Anybody could modify or find a lip that is close to that. Now if it were a HIRO lip or something I could see everyone knowing right off the rip what it was. Quit getting so defensive because I think that lip is close to all the other shit I have seen around that style. It's an opinion, and to me it does look like the others only a little less steep.
                                    Way to edit out that attitude post of yours.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by spikeymike View Post
                                      Way to edit out that attitude post of yours.
                                      That wasn't directed to you by the way. Your original comment wasn't directed at me in anyway. And what was the point of deleting it if your just gonna quote it anyway?

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by darkstarsinner View Post
                                        That wasn't directed to you by the way. Your original comment wasn't directed at me in anyway. And what was the point of deleting it if your just gonna quote it anyway?
                                        Deleting what? No MOD deleted your comments.

                                        FYI I AM A MOD.

                                        I can tell if something was deleted or altered.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by spikeymike View Post
                                          Deleting what? No MOD deleted your comments.

                                          FYI I AM A MOD.

                                          I can tell if something was deleted or altered.
                                          I know your a mod. That's why I edited that last comment to you. And I didn't delete it but it's gone. It goes right from Collins post to the pictures.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Ummm those lips look nothing alike. Lol. If you look at the black integra you can see how the lip dips in right under the grille. On JDPs version you can see it all straight no dips at all. I have the "Type R" lip on my car and its a lot more bulkier than the JDP. Also the badge not all came with it or it canbe remover or even fallen off. He gives them ithink if your fell if im not mistaken.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              That's nice, infer that I'm lying about who I know and don't... That's fine if you don't want to believe me, but I'm done here, no sense in hanging out in this thread if all you want to do is argue something that didn't need to be argued. Any logical person can read this thread and determine which lip is which, there's no longer any need for any discussion here.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                                Maybe someone will dig up the H-T thread Herb mentioned.
                                                Hey Colin, couldn't find that thread, but did find this picture.

                                                Looks like they all have the same exact JDP lip.



                                                Edit: Knowledge has pictures of all three. Maybe he can chime in.
                                                http://www.honda-tech.com/showpost.p...&postcount=325

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Sikauto View Post
                                                  Ummm those lips look nothing alike. Lol. If you look at the black integra you can see how the lip dips in right under the grille. On JDPs version you can see it all straight no dips at all. I have the "Type R" lip on my car and its a lot more bulkier than the JDP. Also the badge not all came with it or it canbe remover or even fallen off. He gives them ithink if your fell if im not mistaken.

                                                  I know that. That's why the black car is there. To prove the point that there are different styles of the type-r. The first pic is a type-r from another company. And referred to the badge only to make the point that there is not one for proof.

                                                  Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                                  That's nice, infer that I'm lying about who I know and don't... That's fine if you don't want to believe me, but I'm done here, no sense in hanging out in this thread if all you want to do is argue something that didn't need to be argued. Any logical person can read this thread and determine which lip is which, there's no longer any need for any discussion here.

                                                  That's fine with me. The first lip, as far as i'm concerened is pretty close to the JDP and white cars lip, but isn't JDP.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X