What lip is this??

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6347/jnisei5.jpg

thanks

looks like the JDP OE2 lip but in fiberglass. I like it better in Carbon tho. Heres the link:
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192501

lol yeah i think it is funny thing is i’ve seen that lip many times before… how did i not put 1 and 2 together but some else here made a lip that looks like that but it was sorta bigger

interested in knowing what lip and where can i get one as well

It’s just a Type-R style lip you can pick up from just about any shop that sells areomotive parts.

its a JDP lip. it had already been answered.

It’s not necessarily a JDP lip. JDP just makes a style like that. And I was answering the guy that just asked about it lately. While I do like JDP not all lips come from him. There is no badge installed to indentify it with.

Yes, it is a JDP lip, definitely, no question about it. And no, no other company makes a lip that looks exactly like the one pictured. Similar maybe, but not that same shape and size. The “Type R” lips are a lot different, the OE2 lip was made because a group of people did not like the OE1 or Type R styles and wanted one that was as close to stock as possible, yet hung a bit lower.

damn i want that lip

I thought JDP only made that lip in CF?

You really think that looks like a type r style lip… that lip is completely different then a type r style lip.

Yes, yes I do. But if I’m wrong I’m wrong.But to be honest, unless the owner of the car says where he got it, or maye if JDP confirms it as far as I’m concerned it could still be a number of any lips. Many different companies make those style lips and I’m sure there not all exactly the same.

It is possible the owner painted the CF lip to match his car.

Post links to companies that make lips that look like that. I positive there isn’t any. Just look at the thread jdp has with pictures of the lips and that one is in there. It’s not that hard to paint a lip if it’s carbon

That’s exactly what was done. There’s a thread on honda-tech about his car, i was trying to find it but the search options on h-t are terrible.

As the other stated. Again, it IS a JDP lip. Yes, as far as I know they are only available in carbon. But obviously his lip has been painted so making any assumption as to what material it is made out of would be speculation at best. It could have started out carbon, fiberglass, plastic…

Both the white car and the red car w/ the OE2 lip on JDP’s site are owned by friends of mine, they were the first to have that lip, and I saw the lip in carbon on J’s car before it was painted. Maybe someone will dig up the H-T thread Herb mentioned.

I know that probably won’t convince you darkstinner, but that’s fine by me. But to put some more punch in what you’re saying, why don’t you go out and find us a picture of another DA lip which looks remotely like the OE2 on J’s car. I’ve never seen any. Again, that lip was made because none other existed, all the other available lips were more like the ITR or that duct lip JDP makes. All too aggressive or large. The OE2 was designed because there simply was no lip available which was simple and exactly like stock, just slightly lower hanging.

For arguments sake here. Paint it white and what do you have?

And bring up Jons lip and the one that was posted and do a side by side comparison. The lip on the white car is not only flatter, but also longer. Both cars are at the same angle so it should be easy to see the difference.

Now here is where I would understand complete rejection of the idea. These lips seem to be the most common, but once again not every manufacturer is the same.

Way to edit out that attitude post of yours. :roll:

That wasn’t directed to you by the way. Your original comment wasn’t directed at me in anyway. And what was the point of deleting it if your just gonna quote it anyway?

Deleting what? No MOD deleted your comments.

FYI I AM A MOD.

I can tell if something was deleted or altered.