90 integra lip on 93

so i came up on a 90 integra lip off a 4 door, but its about 2 inches too short for my 93 2 door… any suggestions on how to make it fit???
thanks
Dont Sleep Chicago

Get a lip that’s not short by 2 inches or try to extend that one. But it will look like shit.

why you gotta act like an ass, i was only asking a question.

he was telling you that it wont fit there smart one. get a 92-93 front lip.

Why do you have to ask a dumb question? If it’s short by 2 inches how could someone tell you how to make it fit if it doesn’t fit?

:gayfight:

or just get a 90-91 bumper lol…

lol hahahaha its so funny when someone comes on here to ask a question right? whats funny about me asking if there any modification that can be done to it, you can mod everything else right.
ignorant kids are the reason for racers getting a bad rep.
Dont Sleep

buhahahah you call us ignorant. Your the one trying to fit a lip that is 2" too short on a car. it wont fit, it will liik like shit if you try to extend it. that’s it, plain and simple. i for one am not a “racer” i dont street race i auto cross and road course but thats it. what the hell are you trying to get at with the “dont sleep” comment, you really going to drive 4hrs to kick my ass there E thug? bring it on, but then again your probably 18 or so calling people that are 5-10yrs older than you kids, its no way to earn peoples respect.

spend the 200 bucks to get a 92-93 lip, dont be cheap.

for the record…i wouldn’t talk shit to hb420…his ride is fawkin’ sick!!!

ok ok…i’ll answer the question being asked, “wut modification is needed to fit a 90-91 integra front bumper lip on a 92-93 front bumper?” ok but to warn you, it won’t look as nice as you would want to look unless you know what you’re doin’. IMO, i recommend a better lip as well

oh yeah…i’ve never done this using a 90-91 lip so don’t ask for pictures…im just given you instruction on how to do so!!!

things u’re gonna need:

1. 90-91 integra lip(x2) yeah…ur gonna need to find another 90-91 lip…u wanna do it right, RIGHT?

2. Tools;
    12mm/10mm socket
    extension
    wrench
    phillips screw driver
    blade
    proper bolts/nuts to install the lip
    marking tool i.e. tape, pen, sharpie

optional tools(if you wanna do it right)
    used/old flat head
    torch gun(yeah thats right a torch gun)
    6-12 BLACK zip ties
    600-1000 grit sand paper
    black paint or another color(if u wanna paint the lip)

ok…here we go:
step 1: take of the bumper(look into the teg tips if u’re too noobie).

step 2: take lip 1 (the better of the two lips) and mock it up to the bumper.

step 3: after mocking up lip 1…cut off both ends…you just wanna cut it off the very ends(just enough to get rid of the corners) using the blade(make sure to make it nice and straight or else it’s gonna look like ass) also, remember, you want to make even cuts on both sides. after doing this, i suggest you tighten down the lip so u’re see how it’s gonna look like being installed. im not sure if the bolts will line up but it should.

step 4: now take lip 2 and cut off the ends about 4-5 inches using the blade( u stated that the lip is 2 iches too short, the reason why i say cut off 4-5 inches so you have room for error)

step 5: the two pieces that were just cut will be the extension pieces of the lip. now take those pieces and mock them up to the bumper. mark where you need to cut in order to make it fit flush…make sure the cut is nice and straight(if you fawk this up…u’ll really be screwed) these cut will pretty much determind the CLEAN factor of the lip!!!

step 6: now just bolt up the extension pieces.

extra steps…this is if you want to eliminate the gap lines between the extensions on the lip and the actual main lip. but i warn you…i don’t recommend a noob doing this!!

i suggest taking the lip back off for this
step 7: take the used/old flate head and torch. now torch the flat head til it turns red(don’t touch it…it’s HOT!!!)

step 8: now with the flat head hot it becomes a bondlier…use that to melt the ends of the lip(as it is melting you can then mate the pieces together…keep torching the flat-head to keep it hot). do this for both the inside and outside of the lip

step 9: now using the black zip ties, it acts as a plastic bonder…as if you were soldering wires, burn it onto the mated areas to make a stronger bond.(on both outside and inside of the lip). basically just run the zip ties across where the main lip meets the extension and at the same time, melt it with the hot flat head, keeping inmind that the flat head must remain hot, so keep torching.

NOTE: the areas that had been bonded together is extremely weak and can crack easy

step 10: sand down the outside of the lip

step 11: paint the lip

step 12: install the lip

step 13: re-install the complete bumper

the end

here…i even drew up a 1st grade illustration for u…hope u like it!!!

**now for all the other g2ic-er, im just tryin’ to help out a fellow member dispite how a 90-91 lip would look like on a 92-93 bumper. i know other lips will probably be a better choice, but this is what the user wants. im just trying to help him do it right.

spread DA love!!! < shit…that should be a g2ic phrase…hehehe

db1st

dam db you went in to it lol good job …you want to cut in my side markers or give me the messurements so i can get it done

i had a 90-91 lip on my 92 , it was short but w/e it worked haha , i wouldnt go threw all that trouble tho , i found a 92-93 lip and i put the 90-91 lip on my 91 civic si and it fit but was too long so i cut it !

dude, i wish i could help you cut in your side markers, but im busy as fawk at work(pretty much 60+ hours a week). i just pretty much used the cut out template from the teg tips. it’s a little too small but you just need to keep trimming and re-fitting.

here’s the link on teg tips:

i think this is better template better…it’s for the eg/dc but should be the same for the da:

spread DA love

(90IntegraLS1.8L buhahahah you call us ignorant. Your the one trying to fit a lip that is 2" too short on a car. it wont fit, it will liik like shit if you try to extend it. that’s it, plain and simple. i for one am not a “racer” i dont street race i auto cross and road course but thats it. what the hell are you trying to get at with the “dont sleep” comment, you really going to drive 4hrs to kick my ass there E thug? bring it on, but then again your probably 18 or so calling people that are 5-10yrs older than you kids, its no way to earn peoples respect.
05 Sep 2009 20:31:00)
so its ignorant trying to put a lip on my car? and i dont care what you consider yourself.who said anything about kicking anyones ass? why are you trying to act hard, whats an e thug?
i thought this site was for integra chat and help, not stupid bullshit.
thanks for the help db1st.
Dont Sleep.