roof oxidation need a quick fix for now....spray painting

my roof on my da is looking bad… my da is black and the roof looks like every shade of white…i cant get a paint job just yet but for now im just gonna rattle can it… i was wondering what processes would i need to go through so it doesnt look completely bad…im gonna need to sand it or scuff it? and can i just use the dulicolor brand primer and paint? and will i need to sand it after is painted to put a clear coat down? i just want to know what to do and what grit to use and when to do it. and like i said… im gonna get it painted later down the line… i just want to get it looking alittle better right now… i cant stand the roof looking the way it does. thanks.

Just wet sandit with a 400 grit sandpaper , in an x motion,till u dont c the shine on the paint anymore,clean it…1’s u done that,just spray 2 or 3 coats of the dupli,rustoleum,krylon cans or watever suits u best,…after that,lightly sandit with a 800 grit wet sandpaoer,then wash it and clean, and then u could spray the clear,…

alright then… what if i just wet sand it down and spray a clear on it… would that work or not? the stuff looks like its flakey.

heres what it looks like… nasty!

It’s probably been a long time now and gotten worse.
But, I would do what EXPLICIT posted sometime ago.
Plus, I would use Krylon spray cans - its’ a good product - IMO.
Say, when are you planing on doing it anyways?
Are you still waiting for more feed back replys’ still?

im not waiting on replies im just waiting on some time to do it. so i can go ahead and do the roof and the hood at the same time… or one right after the other. haha. i just trying to find out all the steps to doing so… i have painted things before and 1 of 2 turned out good. haha. i just dont want this to end up messed up. i just want it to look smooth and not bumpy like its got acne. haha. and i was gonna most likely use Krylon spray cans…BLKACK1 used them on his hood he recently repainted and he just used primer and the paint without a clearcoat and it looked good. but if im not mistaken arent there like couple different kinds of Krylon cans? i havent looked at spray paint in a while. im probably just gonna sand the clear off the roof and see if i can just re-clear it, but as for the hood im gonna have to take it to bare metal because its got little cracks and chips all in it. thanks for all the help more help wont hurt. haha.