splash guard fell off

ok so i was driving down 95. and my pass side splash guard just flew off. would it cause rusting if i dont replace it with a new one??

is it underneath where the intake resonator is or was and it would probably take a matter of years to get terribly rusty you should be good as long as you dont engulf that side in water but then again do you live in a colder climate like winter most of the year

yea its where the intake resonator was. i took that out a loong time ago. also i live in virginia. doesnt really get too cold here and it doesnt rain as much. should i spray it with like duraliner or some paint thing to protect it from rusting?

i dont see why not it couldnt hurt just as an extra precaution the only other thing is what kind of intake do you have because if its cold air you might wanna think about the air filter sucking up water but if you have a short ram you should be safer you just dont want water splashing up through the hole where the stock intake box connected to the intake resonator but there are tons of people who removed all there splash guards and there doin fine hope this helps

Mine got ripped off when I dragged a deer doing 65mph. The car right next to me hit it, and the thing flew out in front of me. Had to jack the car up and get underneath with a pressure washer to clean the remains off.