My small 93 GSR before/after body/paint thread.

Starting this thread reserved for the pics to come. Here is the car with the volks off, the lip and front bumper off, the sunroof visor, the mudflaps and some other small stuff off the car waiting to take it to bodyu work and paint tomorrow. will take a week or two to get back since the guy takes his time and does it right by hisself, so itll be a little bit for update.

Anyway, the JDP OE1 lip is going back on, one pieces back in (freshly wetsanded and buffed), H and Honda and Integra and GSR badges on the trunk, all brand new, hood holes getting shaved, all body work getting done, door jambs and hatch jambs and full exterior getting sprayed in Sikkens milano red base/clear. paying a little under $2000 for the paint and body. JDM thin side moldings going on during paint as well and the volk CV pro’s going back on. Replaced the hood, front bumper, driver side fender, and rear under taillight trim piece since they were past worth fixing for the most part.

Heres a shot of the car before I took all the stuff off. Faded 16 year old paint/dings/dents out the :surrend:

The hood was took down to bare metal beforehand since it had 8 layers of old crappy paint on it, but was in mint shape besides the old paint, no visible dings or dents at all and no previously applied filler.

Few pictures of the new things going on

Excuse the messy ness :frowning:

Heres the car how it sets awaiting to drop it off tomorrow, I left the door moldings on for him to take off since he warned me not to mess with them to keep the risk of warping the door possibly with me prying on them, i dont care about the clips on them anyway, all i cared aout was the vtec ones on the fenders.

So excited, will update thread with after body work pics, then a photoshoot after its done with a friend helping me out with a d40, better than my POS camera anyway, so lookout for updates :run:

Dude, what are those two black gasket-like things displayed in their packaging above the badges?

^ Tail light gaskets.

Can’t wait to see it finished up man. I’ve been doing the body work on my car for almost a year now. Its neverending. I should have just paid a shop to do it. What color are you gonna paint it?

Hopefully the stock Milano Red!

It said everthing in my OP. Its being painted along with door jambs and hatch jambs with Sikkens milano red base/clear.

Dropped the car off yesterday, the guy does it by hisself and the body needs alot of work so he said hes gonna try to have it painted by next weekend, then buff and wetsand and all the good shit and hopefully have it done by not this coming monday-tuesday but next monday-tuesday.

The trunk was temp. bondo’d through the spoiler holes, but he is welding them all the correct way and welding the front hood emblems as well. I cannnnnnnot wait for it to be done :cross:

Just for reference, here is my friends 99 SI the same guy whos doing mine did, same paint brand and milano red as well that im using, and it was wetsanded/buffed in these pics. So my car SHOULd come out exactly like his did.

:corn:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Did somone say 5 o’clock free crack give away:hyper:

:rofl:

:bigread:

I CLEARLY stated that I would not be giving away crack until June 26th at 4 O CLOCK. jesus christ.

we’ll be waitin!

Should be a update tonight or tomorrow, waiting to hear today from him about the body work supposibly supposed to be all finished up tonight along with the trunk/hood hole welding.

Update time:

Body work almost complete, got to head over tonigth and get some pics of it mostly done, the quarter panel is done, had to have a thin layer of filler layed over the whole QP to ensure it was all even, its really a thin layer, dont think its just caked on filler throughout the whole thing, you can see where it breaks in the middle and you can see primer again. Hood hasnt been sanded down yet in the pics, filler was just put on in the spots it would need it and hes still got to sand it. He welded the emblem holes for the hood btw, not just filler. Trunk holes for the spoiler were welded as well. The passenger side door is not done yet either, but he taped the spots that needed it. The car needed alot of work, as you can tell. 16 years of dings and faded paint, this is going to be a day and night difference.

Without further adue?

exciting :corn:

:corn: Very. The body work was soooo much needed and the paint wasnt doing to well after 16 years in the sun either. He told me all in all, since he works 8-5 during the day, from the day I dropped it off until its ready for me to pickup and all the parts put back on it will be around 3 weeks time spent at his house, all together hours im not sure on, but its deffinetly alot to do and for the price im paying i think its a reallly really good deal especially with the quality of paint used/etc

Im sooooooo excited idk how im gonna hold it together this week waiting to get it back.

Dang man its gonna look awesome. Ive got a milano red GSR so I have an idea how its gonna look :). Make sure you throw those rims, lips, (goodies) on when u post pics. Cant wait.

Oh all the stuff will be back on and everything cleaned as well as possible before i take any pics.

Small update, my painter sent me this pic today to my cell phone and i uploaded it, the quarter panel looks to have came out great, im guessing since he sent me this hes gonna be shooting the basecoat tonight or tomorrow and i should have it back next tuesday-thursday ish…

So excited.

Well went by to check it out last night and its primered ready to be masked off, hes just a real busy guy and he does all he can to it at night so he told me next thursday (The 25th) i can for sure pick it up, may be a little bit earlier but thursday is the absolute latest. So im holding out till then, expect a update next thursday. :rockon: