X

should I paint my jdm sidemoldings

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I paint my jdm sidemoldings

I'm in the process of purchasing a set of jdm thin sidemoldings and I can't decide on wether I should color match the paint to my car. It wouldn't be that big of a difference because my car is black. what should I do?

PICS ADDED!!!
    yes paint them
    66.67%
    no leave them alone
    33.33%
    Last edited by ms-TEGGY; 01 Jan 2005, 22:42:57.

I, too, am getting a set of jdm side moldings soon for when I get my car completely re-painted. Personally, i'm gonna paint 'em because one: I'm painting my car blue, and the section of the front & rear bumpers that looks like the molding continuing around the car is getting painted blue, as is the lip kit that i'm putting together, so if I didn't paint them it'd look retarded. Secondly: If you don't, they'll just turn out all faded and dry over time like the origional ones (mine at least) do.

Comment

it would look really good if you did paint them

Comment

paint em for sure

Comment

If your car is white, black, or red, leave them alone. If it's anyother color, paint them.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Integra
            If your car is white, black, or red, leave them alone. If it's anyother color, paint them.
            my car is black, but I also had my mirrors painted previously so I didn't want to just leave the moldings plain or do I want to paint them because it probably won't make a big difference.

Comment

If you didnt have the WW sides and lip I would say just leave them, but since you do I think the moldings will look much better painted.

Comment

pics added

my integra:

painted:

not painted:

Comment

Originally posted by ms-TEGGY
                  my car is black, but I also had my mirrors painted previously so I didn't want to just leave the moldings plain or do I want to paint them because it probably won't make a big difference.
                  Your moldings already match, why risk messing them up?

Comment

our post arer at the same times, scarry?

Comment

But I will most likely paint them because I just realized I had my bumper moldings painted. It would looks off if a didn't do the side moldings too.

Comment

I painted mine, and just like dude said, they will fade over time if you don't. And no you won't mess them up. It's not hard to paint them, plus the clear makes it look that much better. You don't have to since they are black, but you will wish you did if you don't.

Comment

Working...
                        X