CF hood

would there be any reason to stay away from this hood?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4513985357&fromMakeTrack=true

thx in adavance

(note, this will go on a black 92 if it matters)

Product wise, no. Vis makes PERFECT body components and gaurantees 100% oem fitment, that means no mods. I have a VIS bodykit and it fits perfectly. I also know people who have VIS hoods, I’m thinking about getting one, they all say they fit perfect like a glove. Now, looks wise, I don’t really know if that many holes looks quite right on an integra. I like how the invader VIS hood looks. But, go with what you like.

thanks man, i wanted to make sure this thing wouldnt fall apart in a week. thanks man.

Yeah you really don’t have to worry about that… they make top shelf components, you never have to worry when you order VIS. Damn I sound like a company rep don’t I? lol

hmmm, that’s wierd, all I’ve heard are extreme complaints about VIS, about how thier CF hoods fit like shit, and that’s the biggest reasons for hood pins on a VIS hood. IE: 3rd gen lude molds are way high on the right and stick up about an 1/4 inch. Now on a Neon, wow, people are showing pics of thier cars and the hoods about 2 inches up on one side, and the latches like to fail as well. These are based on many cases having the same exact problems. But hey, I’m probably going to buy one and use hood pins on my GF’s red GSR so…For the price, I can deal with hood pins.

I had a VIS hood ( the EVO Style ) and I liked it. No problems what so ever with the hood. Looks good and fit nicely

That’s good to hear, It could be VIS’s mold problems with the cars I listed, because seriously some of the pics are hidious, I’m really excited to hear this, cause the Shlady really doesn’t want hood pins on her G2 :ok: I was looking at OEM though, but that’s good to hear about VIS anyway

2 of my buddies have vis hoods. 1 is an invader hood on a non-turbo eclipse, the other is an xtreme hood on an 00 integra. both fit mint but are cracked pretty bad around the latch area. they are pretty heavy too.

i would honestly reccomend going with a seibon that rev-auto is offering for cheapo in the sponsor section. i got one of these about a year ago and it’s amazing for the price. well it’s amazing anyway, fit perfect, not one fault in the weave, great clearcoat, strong hood latch, good underskeleton. and it’s much cheaper than one you’d get on ebay after shipping.

get the invader if you have a kit cause it looks a lot better than the one you have a pic of. And most people that have problems with their hood fitments have off brand shit. I’m not saying all, but most that I have seen have been off brand\vis (claimed to be vis) hoods.