custom taillights?

ok well my last thread was closed so i got another question… is there anyway i could get different taillights on my 4dr 90 teg? and if not does painting it look as good? thanks

-chad-

look as good as what? how good painting looks depends on how good the painter is. if you want different tail light, then your going to have to customize with a set from another car, and no it is not a direct bolt on.

any recommendations as to what taillights from what car would be the easiest to do?

keep your stockies goddamnit! or clear out the pink/ amber-clear

Now i know why your previous thread got closed…

Anyways, you can’t ask vague questions like that. There are millions of possibilities out there and there are none that are easier than the other because they all involve CUSTOM body work. Custom meaning it was not made to fit your car so you have to make it fit, which is not easy to do!

IMO, prelude tails look pretty sick on a G2.

Here are my custom tail-lights, I started with a pair of Leak-tezza’s then modded the hell of them

In primer, before painting.

With the lights

Don’t flame me, these are only for show use, otherwise its the classic Honda ones for me

Man, those are going to look even uglier when theyre on the car. :hugs:

… just kidding well really Im not but you get the point.

clear out the whole taillight itself or just the amber? sry guys but im new to this stuff… lol

-Chad-

Don’t remember if they make clear tail lights for the 4 door 90-93 tegs, but if they do, you could paint part of them red like so -

My old ones:

Or my new ones:

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

– Kevin

How come you paitned the half red part over the side vents as well? Kinda looks weird. ehre are my clear tails paitned to resemble stock 100% except no pink lines. even painted the border like stock :smiley:

Thats the hottest teg I have seen in a while

Thanks!! check out the front :D:D:D:D

thats an oem rear right? nice

Yeah that is the OEM rear lip and OEM rear sides. I haven’t put the door pieces on yet tho(not sure if I want to or not) ITR front lip

Tchleung -

I painted across the vents (but did not paint the vents themselves red) because when I was going over styles/ways to paint, it didn’t look right if I just stopped at the vents. I can’t find anymore pics of the sides themselves, but I actually took out the vents when I was painting them. The red only continues in a straight line on the clear plastic, not the vents. Since I was starting off with just clears, and not clearing out OEM tails, I didn’t have the red going all the way around the outer tail light, if you know what I mean. And when I was also setting up how I wanted to paint them, I decided against painting around the border like you did, because A) I didn’t want to look completely stock because I wanted these to stand out a little more then stock and B) I was too lazy to mask off/cut the border line out for it.

It’s simply a matter of personal preference, but I guess thanks for the constructive criticism??.. :shrug:

But regardless :up: to your teg, she does look quite nice

– Kevin

ok thanks guys but what kind of paint did u use and what color? also where did u get the paint from?

-Chad-

b62pteg#2 : Hey, I jsut re reead ove rmy post. that kidna came out sounding like I was saying the way you did it was bad. Sorry for that.

xchadx167: Got it from a hobby store. Like a palce that sells paitns etc for RC cars and what not.

Tchleung - no probs at all man. Some poeple on here can just be such asses if they don’t like something else someone did. But it’s all good :slight_smile:

And xchadx167 - I myself used the red tail light spray that you can buy on eBay or at most speed shops. Stuff is kinda expensive though, I think I paid like 16$ for a can of it. But, it’s good for like 2 sets of tail lights (i.e. 4 actual tail lights). I think you can even buy some type of transparent red spray paint made my Krylon. Heard it works pretty well too. HTH.

– Kevin

lol chad agrees.

and guys thanks for the help. ill look into that

-Chad-