Wiring JDM , Dummy Screwed it up...

Alright i will save you guys all the pain that i went through and get straight to the question. Since the USDM headlamps had those 2 plugs in the corner lights and the JDm only have one , what do you do with the wiring? Because i wired everything up and at first my corners stayed on allthe time , then they turned off because i blew a fuse. Well i fixed that and they come on in the normal driving light position and stay on when i put the light switch in number 2 position , but when i go to hit the blinker i get nothing. So i changed the fuse in the autzone parking lot , tested them once (the blinkers , i fixed the driving light fiasco) , went to do it a second time and blew the fuse again. I know i am blowing the fuse because i spliced all 4 of the wires together so they are getting double the power when i hit the blinker switch…meaing since they are already on in the driving position and i hit the blinker it throw too much power at it and blows the fuse. SO , HOW DO I WIRE MY BLINKERS (corners) TO WORK IN THE ONE PIECES!!! The only reason i am pissed is because my garage is full of my family’s crap and it’s raining , so i cleared off like 3 feet to work with. I won’t even get into the other dumbass problems i had while doing this. On a related matter , I need the JDM foglight plugs with wires in them , somehow the wires got ripped out of the back of the plugs when i reinstalled my headlights. ANYBODY GOT SOME?
Thanks for all the help , Slick (frustrated) :bang:

The corner lights on the JDM headlamps are constantly on. The extra wires are supposed to go to the sidemarkers (if you had them). Otherwise, if you prefer not to have sidemarkers, you can wire the corner lights with the one positive wire that stays constant on, then flashes with the signal and cap/ tape off the other positive.

Yeah that was gonna be my next step , but I figured to wait for advice from someone who has done it before. So you’re saying cap off one black wire , and splice the two positive wires together into one for the plug? That’s what I’m understanding. I fixed the driving lights , meaning they come on in number 1 position and continue on in number 2 position , the problem i am having is that it blow the fuse everytime i try to use my blinkers. SO , I have no blinkers which equals cop city. In a realated matter and posing another dumbass question , i pretty much have to go internet to get myself some new bulbs for the headlamps on the JDM correct? Because the bulb in my driver’s side was burnt out when i got it. Raybrig would be the top solution correct? Thanks!

No. DO NOT SPLICE THE TWO POSITIVE WIRES TOGETHER! That’s why you’re blowing fuses and you’re going to blow somehting else. I have the JDM headlamps, sidemarkers, and bumper lights. There is one wire (I can’t remember what color though) that is constant on AND flashes. You can use that wire for your corner light. Then use one ground. The other two wires can be capped off. You should’ve been able to plug one of your USDM corner bulbs into the socket of the JDM lamp.

NM , you didnt finished posting before i tried to reply. I gotcha now , I just got the JDM plug setup to the wrong wire on both sides. I’ll try that out and see how it works , thanks man! Ill be back in a few to let you know whattup. Also , i cannot type for shit today , sorry for the badass grammar.

Raybrig seems to be the only option unless you look in teg tips for the H4H to H4 conversion. Ebay is the cheapest place I’ve seen for those H4H bulbs.

Shit i have to go run an errand , but i still have everything taken apart and ready to fix , so as soon as i get back i will do it and let ya know. Thanks for being so quick about it man!

No prob.

Okay they will be grainy , but basically the top is the passenger side , one red wire and one green/white. Driver side (bottom image) is one Red/green and one Red/Blue , sorry new digicam still figuring out its low light capability and zoom style and all that. Don’t ask about the stripping on the driver’s side , it’s a long story and party has to do with splicing all 4 wires together. I will probably be shot by someone here for showing these images of myself completely fucking up a job , but i am willing to admit i screwed up (very badly) if i can finish it and do it right… :bang: BTW the positive wire coming out of the plug on the passenger side is the red/blue and the positive wire coming out of the plug on the driver’s side is also red/blue

WIRING 006.jpg

WIRING 008.jpg

Also if anyone wants to help me right away , as i will not be going to sleep until i get this done because i have to work in the AM ,i will be on AIM @ SureisSlick BTW all I need to know is which wire to connect to the coner light plug so that my corners are blinkers!!!

Damn I was hoping somebody would have answered me in 2 days but…
Anyhow I am going down to the bay area for Christmas and leaving tomorrow morning (not bringing the G2 though…) so I will have to attack this issue when I get back… if anyone wants to e-mail me some help it’s Fine_Science@hotmail.com
Looking forward to seeing some dope tegs on the way down and about town. Peace.

hmm… with the JDM 1piece install, i just used the normal corner bulb socket from the USDM lights, it fits fine for the corner, as for the second one, i simply removed the bulb, and taped up the socket… Seemed to work fine for me… havent had any problems since…

In the original setup, you have 2 bulbs in the corner, both stay on constantly when the lights are on, but only one flashes… the one that flashes is the one you obviously wanna use… as for the other, pull the bulb, tape it up and be done with it… Since you cut them off, i’d reccomend finding out which one blinks, and just taping off the other two wires… i’ll see if i can get some colour codes for you later on, but it’s dark right now, and you’re probably not even home yet hehe…
peace

Yeah man I’m in Danville right now at my aunt’s house and I won’t be back until the 27th , but in any case I’d like to know exactly what to do when I get back because I HATE not being able to drive , especially since I have to drive 15 miles on the freeway one way to work everyday. I’m tired of driving my girlfriend’s brother’s POS S-10. Anyhow , like I said I blow a fuse everytime I use my blinkers now , even though I seperated the wiring. What I did after my last post was simply match up the wire colors with the wires coming out of the back of the JDM plugs and call it good. The main reason being I was NOT going to leave my front bumper off and my shit exposed , plus I just wanted to put everything back together and park it while I was in CA. So , I will be formulating a plan of attack and hammerin’ down when I get home. BTW , if anybody is in the bay area and has some JDM headlight wiring connectors , e-mail me or reply back and I will be glad to buy them from you!

Quick update : I am replacing my flasher relay as soon as I get home because I believe I blew it when I was f’ing with the blinker problem. If you can get that info to me XtReMe that would be damn helpful , I have to tackle this problem as soon as I get home because I have to go straight back to work the next day (28th). So , one headlight and no blinkers is no good for me. I’m not worried about the fogs right now anyway , I can fix that later , I just need to be legal. I am in the process of negotiating with soon2be2ndgen on getting some headlight bulbs , so I may have that little problem nipped. Anyhow , LMK XtReMe , or fire me an e-mail as posted above. Thanks for wading through my long-winded posts but I know you guys can understand my pickle. :up: