repairing rust underneath bondo crack???

I was just wondering if there was an easier way to remove (or at least prohibit further damage) rust that has happened overtime due to a crack in the bondo that was repaired by bondo years ago…?

I just purchased a db1 and around the power antenna area, there are cracks from the bondo. And in these cracks are signs of rust (no bubbles or anything, just oxidation from rust).

Does anyone know any way to temporarily fix it? Or should i just have it repaired at a body shop…?

If you feel like playing with bondo you can repair it yourself. But unfortunatly you need to remove all the bondo around the damage, sand all the rust off the bare metal, reprime it with a quality primer, and slap on some fresh mud. Goodluck.

Yeah that was what I was thinking. I won’t have time to do it till summer of 2005 only because it’s freezing outside.

Do you know if there’s any way to temporarily stop it from getting worse…?

The one temporary “fix” i can think of is to sand it all down now and spray some of that anti-rust spray stuff. It will be an eye sore but atleast it will save you from malignant rust. Another plus is that you’ll have most of the crap scraped off when the summer comes around, making it a smaller job