How to take off the rear bumper?

I just bought an R34 bodykit for my '91 GS. In the tips section I found out right away where the screws/bolts where to get the front bumper off, but I just want to know where the screws/bolts are on the rear bumper so I can get that off easily without a lot of searching. My car is in my NON-insulated garage in MN in the winter, so you can see why I want to spend as little time out there searching as possible. On a side note, I am finishing putting in my projector headlights and new taillights, before that I put on a set of sweet Enkei rims, I’ll get pictures up soon after I get the kit on and get it painted. Thanks.

Open your hatch :slight_smile:

take off inner plastic covering the taillights (the whole thing).

you’ll see two screws (12mm); one per side.

get underneath the car

follow the frame and you will see a plastic cover, behind the plastic cover are the same style screws, one on each side. NOTE: these will most LIKELY break off, so good luck on that part. Once these screws are off (a total of four, two inside the hatch, and two underneath), remove the the screws on each side where the bumper meets the fender (just like the front bumper)…

voila… you have removed your rear bumper. :slight_smile:

Thank you, thank you!

Thanks a lot!

no problem. :slight_smile:

How much?

When you say take off the inner plastic, do you mean the whole middle panel, or the ENTIRE plastic in the back? What exactly are the positions of the screws under the plastic?

Shoot…

now that i think about it, you don’t need to remove that whole inner plastic thing. All you have to do is remove that board that covers the spare… from there you should be able to see those screws (one just to the left of the center, and one to the right). The nut is about…an inch long and I believe is a 12mm.

I can take a picture of it if you like, but just not right now because it’s snowing hardcore outside. :slight_smile:

Thanks, you answered just in time!

I had just taken off the middle plastic and went back in to see if I could figure out where the screws were, then you answered. You saved me a lot of aggrivating work. :clap: