HELP!!!!! my door is frozen!

Well its -27 outside right now, and last night my brother used the car to attend a party. He washed the car and now when i tried opening the car the key turns, but the lock does not open. What should I use to get my door unlocked! Help!!

heat up your key with lighter and climb through the hatch… :giggle: then open the door from the inside…

btw… get a keyless entry alarm, it helps when the locks are frozen…

the hatch filler piece was covered up so therefore i cannot access from the trunk. my car is a 90integra ls. for some reason this car didn’t come with the option of having pwr door locks or windows.

any other suggestions?

I have a keyless entry system, it still doesn’t help. lol I’ve washed my car in the winter many times only to have the locks frozen. It’s not the actual part where you put your key in, but it’s the mechanical things INSIDE the door (like the part that actually holds the door closed on the side).

Not sure if you’d want to do this, but everytime I washed my car, i would leave ‘something’ unlocked just in case…

hehh… had the same problem this AM… ugh I hate winter… anyways, get a pitcher/bucket/whatever or warm tap water and pour it around the window opening and door openings. since the key turned, it’s not the locks but the actual door that’s froze up. worked like a charm for me, cept the water re-froze after i opened the car and then had to scrape the heck out of the window to see.
I’m moving to socal - I’ll put up with the ground moving as long as I don’t have to deal with this cold anymore!