Problem wit 90-93 conversion.... yes i searched

aight im tryin to put the 93 front bumper on my 90 teg… in the teg tips it says that the 90 bumper support (the metal peice behind the bumper) is supposed to line right up with the cover of the 93 bumper. the holes are in the same spot but the support isn’t sliding into place for the holes to acually line up. Any one ever have this problem or have any suggestions on what i could try to do? thank u

yeah i had that same problem but luckily i had another teg to take parts off, i had to take the bumper supports off and swap everything out.

EDIT…
here is a linklink

what exactly did u have to swap out? the metal supports or something else?

and im not even sure if we r having the same problem… did your 91 support line up with to holes correctly on the 93 bumper cover?

i had to take the 92 bumper supports off the frame of the 92 and use on my 90, the holes line up but i couldnt get the bumper to fit onto the 90 bumper bar

o aight… thank u for the help

I did the conversion and the only thing that i had to do to make it fit was to retrofit the current styrofoam lining behind the 90 bumper (cut pieces off). Other than that everything lined up right…

so your metal support that came of the 91 fit directly into the 93 bumper cover? because the holes r in the same spots but the metal will not slide in place. maybe my bumper cover is warped?

Well yes… the metal support (90-91) fit directly in the bumper (92/93). All the screws didn’t line up perfectly but nonetheless had enough screws to hold the bumpers in place (i didn’t put back a few).

How about that styrofoam… did you modify it to fit? because the styrofoam from the 90-91 will not fit into the 92-93…

i left the styrofoam out. i got most of the holes to line up except for the last 2… and it was a pain in the ass to get that many lined up. but when i bolt the support back on the car the bumper sits crooked. at the fender it is no where near where i need it to be. there is a big like 2 or 3 inch gap between the fender and bumper that i cant close at all

Hmm… that’s weird.

I have a feeling that the 92-93 bumper you have is an aftermarket one. Aftermarket bumpers never light up nicely or near nicely as oem bumpers. Do you know if your 92-93 bumper is OEM?