CF hood or not??

so i just got my 92 gsr repainted… nighthawk black off a 04 TL.
and i’m debating getting a carbon fibre hood, there’s a guy that has a brand new on that wants to trade for my 17’’ rims.
let me know if you think i should or not!!! thanks, pics of the car are at
www.cardomain.com/id/sodero3

The rims and tires are worth more than the carbon fiber hood if you’re talking about the rims in the pictures. Just sell them and buy a carbon fiber hood and you’ll have some money to boot. I do think a carbon fiber hood would look good on that car though, I just wanna know what rims you plan to have on the car after you sell those!

yeah your rims suck, get rid of em, go carbon!!

wow. A lil harsh strainght foreward are we? lol…

I would get rid of those rims, but it is only becuase they are too big for my liking. 17 inch rims just dont look right on a G2. From a side view level picture, the distance from the top of the wheel-well to the hood, is too small as it is let alone being made to look even smaller with huge tires. Ultimately its up to you. By the by, cf hoods look niice on black cars…i think.

Good luck with your decision

bye bye rims… hello carbon fiber hood…
you car looks good, and i think with a hood it would really ad a nice effect. but i do agree with the above post think you should sell the rims and get a hood with that money because you would have enough for a nice hood shipped and maybe even like 100 bucks left over towards a new set of rims. also you might want to think about using the teg tip on the gen 3 sideskirts. i think it would look really nice with that lip you got plus they are black plus they are oem which makes it even tighter

thanks guys. i think i’ll do it, i’ve been thinking about it now for a while and havn’t been able to make up my mind. i only paid $600 for the rims and tires and the guy that has the hood paid about the same so it’s pretty even. and as for the next set of rims i’ll get, i think i will either stick with the stock GSR 6 spokes, and paint them black. or get a set of the rota GT3’s… i think that’s what they are called. but thanks again… i’ll post some more pics when i get the hood and the GSR wheels back on before i put it away for winter… it will also have the jdm 1 piece lights too, and amber bumpers and side markers… i cant wait till next summer… winter blows! :down:

lol… atleast you were honest. i dont like the rims either though… they were just a good price :shrug:

thanks man… i had never noticed that there before. i was thinking about some plain sideskirts for it!

no problem and if you search thier is a couple threads with some people that did it and they have pics. just picked my skirts up of ebay for 30 bucks

so i decided to get the carbon fibre hood!! thanks guys… i think it gives alot more to the car then those rims did. i still have to line it up a little better… but it was dark out when i put it on… so it’s as good as it’s getting for now… and any marks you see on it are from where there was tape…the hood is in perfect shape!! :up:

here’s some pics.!! let me know what you think

smaller1.jpg

smaller2.jpg

smaller3.jpg

smaller4.jpg

your car is possessed :stuck_out_tongue:
looks good :up:

big improvement :clap: …those 17" wheels were hideous, the black gsr’s look much better.