blacked out headlights

alright i have the cover off, but im confused on were exactly to paint it black, do i need to mask off anything before i paint?

Just paint the chrome parts where the bulb itself would not reflect on. :slight_smile:

oddly enough, that doesn’t help… got any pix

damn… if i had only taken pics of when i blacked out my one pieces.

How do i describe it…

I painted the chrome parts that the bulb itself didn’t reflect on. Basically the outer perimeter of the housing of both the headlight and foglight assembly. As for the corner part of the one pieces (where the light meets the fender), i also painted the edges of it about half an inch around and continued all the way through to the foglight. I made mine thicker than most just so the black would stand out more.

It also helps to paint the edges of the cover of the one pieces to give it a more stronger look. A member here by the name of grooveD had pics…

Wish I could be of more help guys… sorry

gotcha… thnx d00d.

Anything to try and help. Although, the blacked out USDM looks really nice as well. I think i’ll do that to my db1… :think: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don’t have JDM’s…so yes, the USDM black looks good.

:gotpics:

Headlights

ok so i was at work today, i blacked out my fogs, i wanted to do my headlights, but i was to lazy to figure out how the headlight comes off, is it bolted behind the headlight bracket or do i have to take the whole bracket off, i didn’t wanna break it so i figured i’d post. Thanks for the help

BTW they’re USDM

there are the two or three bolts on top, and two below the headlights, they mount to the frame, I had to remove my bumper to get them off…

:werd: remove your bumper cover… takes 15 min

Here’s a pic.

EDIT Shit. I realized you had USDM after my post. Anyway, you get the idea.

somebody should definitely do a write up on this. who knows, maybe i’ll do one if i ever get around to taking my one-pieces apart and taking out the glare guards and the lens covers.

I Blacked out my headlights and fogs, but how do i black out the clear corners? i’m gonna black out the front bumper lights though too. but the USDM lights, this is how they look.

Hey, that acutally looks nice. i didnt like how my blacked out JDM ones turned out, but those USDM blacked out ones look pretty cool. props for you bro :clap:

here;s another pic to compare

I did this last year. How much fun is that on some USDM’s hehehehe.

that’s pretty damn awewsome

yeah, the USDM ones are a bitch, but how the hell do i pull the clear corners appart? same thing just a heat gun, i’ma try that today and my bumper lights we shal black out… i’ll update pics when i get that done and my car washed (little dirty)

Thanks man, I have done this to a few stock USDM headlights, and am working on some for a BB (92-96 prelude si).

The corners are done the same way. You can see mine in detail pretty well. If you have questions just email me.