How to ge exhaust yellowed on white paint off?

OK I drive my car from cali to oregon and my exhaust left the part of the bumper above it a little yellow, I used simple green and windex to try to get it out and I got a little out but besides that, its stil there, what else do I have to do? Will I have to wet sand it down a little to get the clear coat off and attempt to put some more clear coat on and sand it with 1500-2000 grit sandpaper to blend it in and then use rubbing compound?
Ryan

yellow? I get black soot on mine.

Use… a little rubbing compound… mixed with a litte wax. It sould come right off.

try a good cleaner wax or polishing compound before you try a “rubbing” compound. Basically start w/ the fine stuff before you go to more heavy/coarse things. I’d hate to see you use a harsh rubbing compound when you could have just used a cleaner wax. Also, try a clay bar. Do all that stuff before you try any type of “rubbing compound”.

My engine was putting out a lot of black soot before, and after washing the car it would be fairly discolored on the whole left side of the rear of the car. Meguires 3 step (cleaner, polish, wax) brought it back to what it was supposed to look like.