X

broken window

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken window

man..i had some haters shatter my passenger window and now i need to change it...i'm pretty much clueless when it comes to cars so i was just wondering if its hard to change the window. any kind of tips or anything like that would be really helpful....thanks...

i just had to change my window this mornin.. its not that hard but its a pain in the ass. u gotta take off the door panel, then peel back that plastic shit behind it then u will c the tracks for the window. there is 2 bolts that hold the actual glass that u need to take out. To get the new window in i had to take off the bolts that hold the track in place and the bolt that holds the mirror to give the glass enuff room to slide into place. once u slide the glass down into the tracks, line up the bolts on the glass to the holes on the track and tighten. then put back on whatever u took off and tighten. it took me about 2 hours to figure everythin out.. good luck

Comment

man....seems like a lot of work...hope i could do it..thanks for the help...
      oh yeah..i gotta change those rubber things around my window cuz they're broken will i be able to change that when i change my windows? or am i gonna have to take off some other crap?

Comment

its not too muh work its pretty much common sense when u look at it.if u grip your window from a junkyard u could grab up the plastics. they gotta come up when u change it anyway

Comment

My quarter window was broken and I have a new one to put in. How do I remove all the broken glass still stuck to the frame? Do I need to take it all off down to the metal or leave the old rubber and glue the new one to that?

Comment

Just saw my old question on here and figured I would answer it since I'm done now. All you have to do is use a razor knife and remove just enough of the old glue to get a smooth surface to work on. Then epoxy the window seperate from the car, press in place and you're done. I did mine 2 weeks ago, been getting torrential rainfal and no leaks whatsoever.

Comment

or you can get the whole door from junkyard and replace the door hehe.

Comment

Working...
              X