pic request: rear bumper diffuser

ive seen civics with the 1 piece rear bumper diffuser does anyone have pics of a g2 teg with the 2 piece diffuser cause we have the plates right in the middle of our bumper

rear bumper diffuser painted black on my DA9…

Thats horrible looking…terrible…a travesty for other drivers on the road…almost as bad as the 3ft wings I see on fwd cars…

Sorry…I couldnt bite my lip on this one…

that looks nice was it hard to install? is there a metal support right behind there? anymore pics?

they call that a diffuser? why?

for an all-out, high-speed race-only car it helps to diffuse the air coming through the rear of the car, creating downforce.

for anything other than a full-on race-only car it succeeds in only looking foolish. :down:

i agree, but its JDM yo!

any other pics anyone? i think it looks hot

welcome to the site, paris hilton! :up:

I know what a rear diffuser is, but I’m used to things more like the one on this viper.

How holes in a bumper help direct airflow I have no idea.

Hahahaha… Nice! :rockon:

its actually not for high speed racing or holding the back end down. What it does is prevent drag on the car. Normally when your racing air comes up under the bumper and slows the car down. But if you put the holes in it, the air flows right through and then there is less drag on the car. Its been tested and proved that in drag racing you actually gain 1-3 mph on your trap time by putting a diffuser in, which is actually pretty decent for such a cheap modification.

oh sweet, so the majority of honda owners will go from 31 mph trap speeds to 34!!!

:rockon:

:roll:

well i’m not sure about a majority of tegs…but mine would actually benefit from it. Right now on low boost my traps are 116mph …consistant 11.90s-12.00 and going from 116 to 119 does make quite the difference. i guess there is a difference if u get it b/c you can utilize it or if you get it b/c it “looks cool”

i was being facetious. :wink:

so for drag racers they do serve a purpose, but they are still not a true diffuser, they are not creating a low pressure zone.