Light output: JDM vs. 9007 converted USDM?

I just finished the conversion on my usdm headlights from 9004 to 9007 silverstars, and the diffrence is unbelievable. I eventually want to get a set of jdm’s, but are the h4h bulbs as intense as the 9007’s?

The H4h in the JDM cars suck.

is there a bulb style they can be converted to for equivalent light output to a 9007?

up to the top…I was wondering the exact same thing. I know the 9007’s are hella bright in the USDM Headlights but what about us JDM guys? My headlights aren’t really that bright at all, and my buddy has the 9007’s in his US headlights and they are way brighter than mine, and I have the H4 Silverstars in my one pieces. Anyone want to reply without flaming me?

I have raybrig H4H’s in my one pieces with Nokya H3 yellow fogs. They light up the road very well, and with the combination of the somewhat bluish (although not noticable when you actually look at the light housing for some reason) raybrigs, and the yellow fogs… it puts out a perfectly white light onto the road.

My lights put out more than my friends IS300 when he has his fogs on, if you aren’t familiar… IS300’s have HID’s for low beams.

http://www.intuitivesolutions.ca/

Are these the same ones as you have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7956626400&category=36476&sspagename=WDVW

The price is good and there h4’s…

H4’s do not fit in the JDM one pieces without modifying the housing. So those will not fit right out of the box.

H4’s are USDM, H4H’s is JDM. The JDM bulbs are very expensive compared to the USDM bulbs. You can mod the housing by just cutting out the surroundings of the bulb, so that it will fit in.

H4H’s have 3 prongs, not sure on anything else…

H4’s are USDM, H4H’s is JDM. The JDM bulbs are very expensive compared to the USDM bulbs. You can mod the housing by just cutting out the surroundings of the bulb, so that it will fit in.

H4H’s have 3 prongs, not sure on anything else…

Its funny…no ones seems to be able to asnwer this questoin…Can JDM’s using H4H’s be succesfully modified to accept 9007’s?

Yes, they can. The 9007’s are larger then 9004’s, which are larger then H4H’s… Some trimming will make it work, just be delicate with the housing.

Well thank you :slight_smile: Thats awesome to know. Has anyone on here done any kind of DIY or writeup on that do you know?

I wouldn’t even know where to start with the wiring.

ill keep searching tho! Thanks again for your answer!