Da Mugen Side Skirt Question

If you have a set of Mugen or look a like side skirts, can you tell me the size (length and height) of the indentation for where the Mugen logo is supposed to go?
I am thinking about getting a set of look a like side skirts ( I cannot find any real ones ) and will want to get the right size of Mugen logos for the skirts.

So far, the smallest Mugen logo I have found is 4" x about 1/2".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

that should be the right size…
http://www.autodynamic.com/search_results.asp?iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=mugen

Yeah that’s the one I have found, I was sure that that was the right size.

here’s a pic

you’re gonna put mugen badges in your mugen replica side skirts?

Where did you get your mugen sides? I ordered some from GTP and the fitment sucked now im lookin for some replacements

I think thats cool, as long as he doesn’t go saying their real if anyone asked, i’d consider it a tribute to the originals heh

Thanks DENCIO! Looks like the 4 - 4 1/2" ones are the right size.

Yes. Reason you may ask : Because I would rather put the badges and fill the void, then have a “hole” in my skirts, where something should go. I just don’t like the look of them without the badge.

It’s not to fake the funk and say, “Yeah they’re real”, because that’s not me.

Thanks for the comments.

I haven’t bought the skirts, but if you are saying that the GTP’s don’t fit very well, then I may go with the VIS ones.

ViS does NOT have the indentation for the mugen logo.

I sent an email to VIS today to verify if this statement was true or not. The reply email that I received explained that they do have the indentation, and that they are also currently out of stock, and should have stock by the end of next week.

Needless to say I will be purchasing the entire “Mugen” kit from them. I will also be buying a 90-91 front bumper and support so that I may use the kit, being that Mugen did not make a kit for the 92-93 front end :(.

:slight_smile:

That’s weird… all the VIS Mugen style skirts I’ve seen, including my own, do not have the indentation. Just trying to provide more info so you’re not dissappointed. Maybe they’ve changed them.

:werd: The last 10 sets i bought from them had no indentation.maybe they changed since then. :shrug:

EDIT: a word of advice, shop around on the kit, because ViS is kind of expensive on their parts.

Yeah, if I do get the kit from them, and they show up with no indentation, then I will just return the item. Of course I kept the emails that I sent to them. :slight_smile:

I will keep you guys updated.

I called to check stock on those, since i needed a few sets already, and talked to sonny about the indentation. which he replied “there are no indentations, you know that.” And let me tell you that with ViS you can “just return the item” Even if you do have all the emails. Just be careful

I am assuming you meant “can’t just return the item.” If that’s the case, then I will just go ahead and cut my chances and buy the ones from GTP, and let my body guy worry about the fit. If he doesn’t think he can get them to look good, then I will just get rid of them.

Thanks for all the help.

:dance:

Does GTP have a site ? Sorry I really don’t know many places other than ebay to get body kits, I don’t usually look for them but I’m interested in getting some skirts

Problem I had with mine was that one side was too short and the area that mounts to the inner fender well was out of wack. Best bet like you said is to have the body shop do it, im sure they’ll get it to fit :wink:

http://www.importfan.com/

They sell the GTP “Mugn” (<–that’s how they spell it) kit.
:bow: