Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da Mugen Side Skirt Question

Collapse
X

Da Mugen Side Skirt Question

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Da Mugen Side Skirt Question

    If you have a set of Mugen or look a like side skirts, can you tell me the size (length and height) of the indentation for where the Mugen logo is supposed to go?
    I am thinking about getting a set of look a like side skirts ( I cannot find any real ones ) and will want to get the right size of Mugen logos for the skirts.

    So far, the smallest Mugen logo I have found is 4" x about 1/2".

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    #2
    that should be the right size..
    http://www.autodynamic.com/search_re...ParamTxt=mugen

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by HookOnBoost
      Yeah that's the one I have found, I was sure that that was the right size.

      Comment


        #4
        here's a pic

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MARBLE
          If you have a set of Mugen or look a like side skirts, can you tell me the size (length and height) of the indentation for where the Mugen logo is supposed to go?
          I am thinking about getting a set of look a like side skirts ( I cannot find any real ones ) and will want to get the right size of Mugen logos for the skirts.

          So far, the smallest Mugen logo I have found is 4" x about 1/2".

          Any help is greatly appreciated.

          Thanks.
          you're gonna put mugen badges in your mugen replica side skirts?

          Comment


            #6
            Where did you get your mugen sides? I ordered some from GTP and the fitment sucked now im lookin for some replacements

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ms-TEGGY
              you're gonna put mugen badges in your mugen replica side skirts?


              I think thats cool, as long as he doesn't go saying their real if anyone asked, i'd consider it a tribute to the originals heh

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks DENCIO! Looks like the 4 - 4 1/2" ones are the right size.

                Originally posted by ms-TEGGY
                you're gonna put mugen badges in your mugen replica side skirts?
                Yes. Reason you may ask : Because I would rather put the badges and fill the void, then have a "hole" in my skirts, where something should go. I just don't like the look of them without the badge.

                It's not to fake the funk and say, "Yeah they're real", because that's not me.

                Thanks for the comments.

                I haven't bought the skirts, but if you are saying that the GTP's don't fit very well, then I may go with the VIS ones.

                Comment


                  #9
                  ViS does NOT have the indentation for the mugen logo.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by DA JeLLie
                    ViS does NOT have the indentation for the mugen logo.
                    I sent an email to VIS today to verify if this statement was true or not. The reply email that I received explained that they do have the indentation, and that they are also currently out of stock, and should have stock by the end of next week.

                    Needless to say I will be purchasing the entire "Mugen" kit from them. I will also be buying a 90-91 front bumper and support so that I may use the kit, being that Mugen did not make a kit for the 92-93 front end .

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by MARBLE
                      I sent an email to VIS today to verify if this statement was true or not. The reply email that I received explained that they do have the indentation, and that they are also currently out of stock, and should have stock by the end of next week.

                      Needless to say I will be purchasing the entire "Mugen" kit from them. I will also be buying a 90-91 front bumper and support so that I may use the kit, being that Mugen did not make a kit for the 92-93 front end .

                      That's weird... all the VIS Mugen style skirts I've seen, including my own, do not have the indentation. Just trying to provide more info so you're not dissappointed. Maybe they've changed them.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jetfire
                        That's weird... all the VIS Mugen style skirts I've seen, including my own, do not have the indentation. Just trying to provide more info so you're not dissappointed. Maybe they've changed them.
                        The last 10 sets i bought from them had no indentation.maybe they changed since then.

                        EDIT: a word of advice, shop around on the kit, because ViS is kind of expensive on their parts.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by DA JeLLie
                          The last 10 sets i bought from them had no indentation.maybe they changed since then.

                          EDIT: a word of advice, shop around on the kit, because ViS is kind of expensive on their parts.
                          Yeah, if I do get the kit from them, and they show up with no indentation, then I will just return the item. Of course I kept the emails that I sent to them.

                          I will keep you guys updated.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by MARBLE
                            Yeah, if I do get the kit from them, and they show up with no indentation, then I will just return the item. Of course I kept the emails that I sent to them.

                            I will keep you guys updated.
                            I called to check stock on those, since i needed a few sets already, and talked to sonny about the indentation. which he replied "there are no indentations, you know that." And let me tell you that with ViS you can "just return the item" Even if you do have all the emails. Just be careful

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by DA JeLLie
                              I called to check stock on those, since i needed a few sets already, and talked to sonny about the indentation. which he replied "there are no indentations, you know that." And let me tell you that with ViS you can "just return the item" Even if you do have all the emails. Just be careful
                              I am assuming you meant "can't just return the item." If that's the case, then I will just go ahead and cut my chances and buy the ones from GTP, and let my body guy worry about the fit. If he doesn't think he can get them to look good, then I will just get rid of them.

                              Thanks for all the help.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Does GTP have a site ? Sorry I really don't know many places other than ebay to get body kits, I don't usually look for them but I'm interested in getting some skirts

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by MARBLE
                                  If that's the case, then I will just go ahead and cut my chances and buy the ones from GTP, and let my body guy worry about the fit. If he doesn't think he can get them to look good, then I will just get rid of them.

                                  Thanks for all the help.

                                  Problem I had with mine was that one side was too short and the area that mounts to the inner fender well was out of wack. Best bet like you said is to have the body shop do it, im sure they'll get it to fit

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Clift
                                    Does GTP have a site ? Sorry I really don't know many places other than ebay to get body kits, I don't usually look for them but I'm interested in getting some skirts
                                    http://www.importfan.com/

                                    They sell the GTP "Mugn" (<--that's how they spell it) kit.

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X