How much to get weatherstrippings for?

Hmm, I’ve been hearing a LOT of wind leaking into my car and it’s finally started to annoy me because my windows are always rolled up in the winter because my AC belt is off in the summer, anywho, does anywhere know where the sound is coming from? or should I just get new weatherstrippings, because they seem pretty worn down… =[

good question. Ive been hearing too much wind noise in the teg as of late as well.

I’ve got the same problem, usually only over 75 though. I remember a while back somebody on here that worked at Honda talking about some sort of cream or something that they use on the weatherstripping to soften it up like new.

Have you ever pulled on the door when it is frozen to the car? If you notice the window hangs free on our doors like on a convertible, so the window has to make a seal with the weatherstripping. In the cold of winter they freeze together. When I began pulling on the door the bottom of the door was wanting to budge but not the window part. There must have been ice between them I don’t remember but it took alot of tugging to finally pop it out. I pulled it so hard that it now has a air leak that whistles all the time. Maybe this is your problem too. What ever holds the window tight is loose or bent now, anybody know a fix for this?

I was driving on the freeway the other week when I heard noticeable windnoise from the passenger side window. When I parked the car that night I inspected the entire front passenger side window (I have a 4 door) before I noticed a quarter inch gap between the window seal and the rear vertical edge of the front window! I tried closing the door several times, but it didn’t do anything. I also tried raising and lowering the glass thinking it was a power window issue. The gap would be sealed completely sometimes, but then it would come back after opening and closing the door afterwards. I then decided to try adjusting the door striker to see if it would do anything. The door striker is the metal chrome piece on the inside of the door jamb that the door latch engages to when the door is shut. I used a large phillips screwdriver on the two screws and carefully moved the striker in small increments. The key word here is carefully, and make sure you also use a sharpie marker or white out to mark the striker’s original position if you’re attempting this yourself. After a few adjustments I was finally able to close the door without the gap between the glass edge and window seal :cool: . After testing the power window up and down, the seal was still tight even after opening and closing the door. That pretty much solved the windnoise issue I was having from the passenger side door. It’s a good thing I noticed that noise early on to fix the seal before the rain days came.

If you take your door panels off there are two felt covered support type things at the top of the door at the base of the window that push out on the window glass and hold it in place. Mine had become really loose and the window could wobble around when the door was open. I tightened these did some more adjusting and it helped some but I still get whistles at high speeds. I might try the door striker thing and see if I can fix it completely.