Replacing Hatch Glass Seal???

Hey guys-
When I taped the rear hatch glass off when I painted my car, I taped the rubber seal all the wya around the glass also. Well when I peeled the tape off, it began lifting the paint slightly. Anyways, I was told I could buy just that seal and put it in myself, so I decided to cut it out…it is now out and I am having second thoughts about doing the whole thing! LOL Is it possible to do it myself? If not, can you at least tell me a glass shop can do it? I am not worried about having a glass shop come out and do it but I need the reassurance it can be replaced! LOL Anyone had it replaced before?
THANKS!
Kyle

Hey here is some info on painting around moldings for next time. I am a autobody student. After you tape it off and have painted peel off the tape it will bring a little lip up but it will go back down and look good still. I dont know if you could do that yourself they probably make a tool to put it in there.

It would be best to have a glass shop do it for you. I had mine replaced when the car was painted. The guy from the glass shop took 4 hours to get the rear glass lined up.

R & I (Remove and install) should run 100-150

guarantee??

thats what i am going to have done. my dad is telling me that no glass shop will ever guarantee the removal of any glass without breaking it. true or no? i REALLY dont want to have to spend the money of a new piece of glass! lol thanks a bunch guys!
kyle

yeah, i had a glass place come out to swap the glass from my stock hatch to the carbon one. cost 75 total, and you’re right, they would not guarantee anything. the guy got it out fine, and back in ok though. now i just have to get the stupid hatch to fit right…

bryan