best way to remove ice off your car in the morning

i have a ice-scrapper and i hear to use credit cards. but is there a better way. woud warm, hot or cold water work? at real low temperatures i would think hot water might crack the windshield.

has anyone got a good way?

just start it like 10min early and turn the heat on. thats what i did this morning and it melted everything off the windows and hood/roof. i’d rather not stand out there freezing my ass off trying to scrape at ice.
i dont know about the water though…

hot water from the sink is fine but if you’re really concerned warm water works just aswell. cold water will just freeze and add more ice.

Well, if you REALLY want to crack your windshield, use hot water…Pouring hot water on a frozen windshield will make the expansion/contraction occur too fast, resulting in your windshield breaking. bad idea. Put some of that HEET brand windshield stuff in your washer fluid tank, works like a charm…

has this happened to anyone you know? because i was told the warm water thing before. and i understand why it might crack.

i’ve poured hot water on my windshield numerous times without cracking it. the trick is to pour it so it hits the tip of your roof and flows slowly down your windshield.

hell if you’re really sick of your windshield freezing just cover it with a blanket or towels and you should have no problems.

my roomate pours warm water. i live in the south so Ice is not a problem for long.

If you don’t mind using the gas just start the car and heat it up. I always just scrape it.

[QUOTE=tegdablunt]i have a ice-scrapper and i hear to use credit cards. QUOTE]

only people with out scrappers use their credit card…

do a google search on “Windshield Cover” :read:

i use rain-x winter washer fluid and i start my car 10 min early some days. if i don’t i just give the side windows a super quick scrap’n.

I just squirt some winsheild washer fluid on the winshield like im cleaning the window.

Always works for me.

yup, just spray some de-icer on there. Might take a couple of squirts though.

you will destroy your wipers very quickly if you use them to remove ice often.

tegdablunt I live in SC too so I know how it sucks to have ice and frost on the car in the morning. Anyway, Wal-Mart sells some de-icer that goes in the wiper resevoir it works very well. It immediately turns it slushy so you can just use the wipers to remove without hurting anything. Damn cold weather sucks, good thing I’m leaving to Miami in only a couple more weeks!