light bulbs....

I got a burnt out fog in my 1-pieces. I don’t even know what bulbs are in there let alone where to get replacements… Anybody got some info for me?

Please…

H3 for the fog. you can get them anywhere.

h3 35w…or 55w
no 100w
i have 5-6 35w stright from japan
let me know

I dont know about the one pieces yet but when I had the stock lights I used some 55w bulbs and they melted the fogs. Just be safe and get the 35w right from Acura, they are about $5.

its like $75 raybrig make 35-55w replacements that are yellow there nice

How is a tiny little 55w H3 gonna melt your fog housing?? When the 9007 bulbs I just put have a 100w high beam w/ no negative effect, how is a 55 watt bulb gonna start melting stuff at almost half the wattage? 'cause I’ve got an extra set of 55w Raybrigs that I was gonna throw in. Also, ppl say that if you remove the glare guards from your fogs & wire them to work independently from your headlights, that you could drive at night w/ just them if you wanted. How would this be possible w/ a 35 watt bulb??

there is a big difference between the bulbs you put into the headlights vs. foglights. in case you haven’t noticed, the headlight is made out of glass where as the fog light is plastic.

of course there is no negative effect if you put in hi-beams that are 100watts. do you drive with your hi-beams on all the time? chances are no. try driving with your 100watt hi-beams on constantly and see if you run into any problems.

if you put 55 watt bulbs into your foglights, there is an increase of temperature and can melt the fog light lens. this is especially true if you use your fog lights constantly at night. this has happened to me and other members on here who have used 55 watt bulbs, which has been discussed before if you search. some have used 55watts without any problems. just because a bulb is small doesn’t mean it won’t produce heat. there isn’t that much space inside the fog light housing. so if you increase the wattage and temperature, and not have enough room for the heat to dissapate, then things will melt.

doesn’t matter if you have a 35watt bulb or 55watt bulb in your fog light. removing glare guard and wiring is no different. the only thing difference is the light intensity between 35watts and 55watts. of course 35watts will be a lot dimmer than 55watts.

i had 55 watt hiperwhite bulbs in my fogs and they melted the linse so i bought 1 pc heads. i use the stock yellow fogs from honda. i have a friend that has been using the raybrig 55 watt fogs h3s and has not had a prob with them at all. when my fogs burn out i will replace the with the raybrig 55w yellow h3 bulbs. i all so had the ray brig 4300k hiperwhite bulbs never had a a probwith the bulbs doing any damage to my 1 pc head. i use g35 hids as my headlights if anyone wants g35 hids i sell the sets so email me. im out later

use the for sale forum to sell your stuff, don’t hi-jack someone elses thread to mention your g35 hids and kits and selling them when the topic is about fog light bulbs. thats why that forum is there. :tsk:

pbraile: in any case, yes, the fog light bulb in one-pieces are h3 like the usdm ones. you can either go for the stock 35watt bulbs from Acura or 55watt ones. if you want regular clear 55watt ones, any auto parts store like Advance, Pep boys, Kragens, Autozone…etc should carry them.

Okay, but in the case of JDM headlights, the whole lens is 100 watts, and there is still a very high wattage bulb in there for the high beam, and I seldom hear of melting issues. Is it because the housing is all one piece, rather than seperated, therefore there is more room for ventalation?

That is the advise that I was looking for… Thanks mike!

whole lens is 100watts?? high wattage bulb for high beam? dude what are you talking about?

jdm one pieces takes 3 bulbs total. h3 for fog light, a single bulb(h4h low/hi-beam dual filament) for the headlight, and a 194 bulb for the corner light. stock wattage for the h4h is 55low/65hi(correct me if i’m wrong, but should be near that wattage). no way would there be a 100watt bulb stock.

no prob! :slight_smile:

Haha, yeah, my last post didn’t make alot of sence…I mean that in the case of JDM headlights, the whole lens is PLASTIC so when your high beams are on, why does the 65 watt high beam not melt the plastic lens of the jdms?

well… I went to schucks and got new bulbs… 55 watt h3’s. The only problem was the connections. the bulbs had the wrong plug on them so I had to get some connectors and swap them… worked like a charm. The bulbs that were there were the 35 watt ones, so my fogs are a bit brighter now! :clap:

pbraile…did you notice if they sell the 55watt ones with right connection or do they only come with the flat end

ummm…plastic meltage of the jdm lens is not an issue because no one drives with their hi-beams on constantly at night, especially if using 100watt bulbs. it is plain and simple. also honda probably designed the plastic to withstand a certain amount of heat from a certain wattage bulb, which is why 65watts is ok. but like i mentioned before, no one drives with their hi-beams on constantly at night, so meltage is not an issue. if your using high wattage bulbs for low beam, then you will run into issues.

The ones that I got had the flat connector on them… I just got a package of the other ones and switched them!

oh so they sell both… cause the ones I have in my headlights have the round connector

The H3’s that I took out of my fogs had the round connectors, but they were 35 watt. The 55 watt ones that I have now had the flat connectors that I switched to round ones!