shaving sprayer and antenna

i was thinking about shaving my rear sprayer and antenna. how is it done and what suggestions do you have for doing this. i want to fill everything in nice and smooth. thanks

and please dont just tell me to search beacause telling me that doesnt help.

a body shop can do it for u…

Due to the metal being so thin on our cars, unless you are very talented with a welder you probably won’t warp the panel. So on our cars, I’ve seen shops use a panel bonding epoxy and epoxy a slug on the back side. Then fill in the other side with a strong bondo filler. I am having my rear squirter and antenna shaved as well when my car goes into get the rear end repaired.

I used “almost-dry” bondo to fill the holes. For the antenna hole, I used mesh on the underside and put bondo on top of an under the hole, also using almost-dry bondo. You have to work quick though. If it doesn’t work the first time, try thin layering.

if u want to know how to do it i will tell u email me i own a body shop

i shaved my antenna hole.

way you do it is… use a hammer and punch or dolly… and carefully bend the metal inward around the hole… then using a piece of scrap sheetmetal cut an inch or 2 larger around than the hole… go in from the underside and form it to the contour of the body.

then either use epoxy… or i used kittyhair… on the metal… pressing it up against the hold from the underside so it sticks firmly.

then use more kittyhair to smooth the outside of the panel smooth…then when its dry sand it smooth and level.

by bending in the metal around the hole beforehand… when you sand the fill down level… you still have a strong edge that will be less prone to cracking in the future.

what is your email address?