Vision CF mirrors for a DA?

Does anyone know where to get Vision CF mirrors for our cars? I know they exist because the DA in this months JTuned has some. www.jtuned.com

That car is :hump: :hump: :hump:

Any help would be appreciated.

They’re modified EF (88-91 Civic Hatchback) mirrors. He is a member on this board but shall remain anonymous unless he reveals his own identity.

That car is getting quite popular these days. :bow:

Even in that lovely green color. I didnt see any CF mirrors, unless they were painted. But why would you want to do that?

Maybe because carbon fiber looks tacky? Just my opinion.

Yeah they are painted, if you look on his mod list it tells you they are Vision’s.

How would I go about modding the EF ones?

i think they look good. I’m considering them on my DA as soon as someone makes this a teg tip or can give a detailed eplaination on how to mod the bases of the mirrors :dance:

It’s hard to stomach 300 for mirrors though :crazy:

i dont think carbon fiber is tacky at all. I think its hot. Maybe thats why i have a carbon fiber hood and front lip. Maybe style isnt one of your strong points.

Hahahahaha what did he do buy cf mirrors to save weight? God I don’t see why people go and buy this stuff :stare:

Maybe cuz he:
-had the money to do it.
-was lucky enough to find a set since they’re pretty rare.
-prefers form and function (they look nice and are more aerodynamic than stock)

As Jamie Kennedy once said, “Don’t be hatin!”

thats one SEXY beast!!

Very nice car!

u dont have to modify the mirrors from the ef civic to fit on our da. all you have to do is make the holes on our mirror base on the door longer. what your doin is makin a diff location for the ef mirrors to screw on to. you should be able to get them to line up pretty good. its not as good as the stock ones, but i dont think it looks that bad. i jus did this on my car today but dont have them on or have pix of it.(i did not use vision mirrors,jus some spoon style ones)

Well I have been checking out a website I found the other day and they have CF mirrors for acura’s and pretty much anything you could want for any car. http://www.andysautosport.com/products.php?id=Ac90Integr&make=Acura&mcat=Accessories&scat=Mirrors there are the mirrors.

nicely said

Do you know what OEM mirrors weight?

I would love to see a how-to with pics explaining the EF vision mirror conversion.

I would be interested in doing this…but only if it looks clean (no gaps or off angles)

Did you see Daves car on JTuned?

In the words of Ned Flanders “sounds like yer strainin’ to do some explainin’ !”

Come on now, because he can afford them? I can afford tampons it doesn’t make them any more useful for me.