Help please. OEM spoiler installation instructions

I just bought a used OEM spoiler and I was wondering if anyone here would happen to have a copy of the installation instructions. I searched and came up with this (Instructions ) , but the text in the pictures is unreadable when I zoom in to read the diagrams. I’m just hoping that someone would have better quality copies that they don’t mind sharing. The other problem that I have is that I don’t have the markings on the underside of the trunk lid to locate where to drill the holes. The spoiler is being installed on a 4 door. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Place blue painters tape on the rear corners of the trunk lid. You can use a drop of paint on each of the studs on the bottom of the spoiler. Find where you want the spoiler, then place the spoiler on the trunk lid (taped area). The paint will leave dots where the holes need to be drilled.

drill a pilot hole and then use a unibit to enlarge the holes. use compressed air to blow off the metal shavings.

Aligning wing

If you pop your trunk and look at the edges of your trunk you will see two indentations per side on your trunk. This will give you a good reference as to where the spoiler should be. What I did was found the center of one of the indentations and drawed a line straigt to the side from the underside indentation to the edge. From there I carried it to the top side of the trunk. I measured the distance on the underside and carried that measurement to the top side. If I had more balls and was positive that I was going to be mounting the wing I would have drilled the first hole. then dab axle grease on the studs,(when tapped against the trunk it will leave some grease thus giving you the reference points) and align the wing on the trunk. But I think the method I did worked out perfect. If you have any questions let me know.

-Erwin

I know there’s supposed to be some markings for the hole locations, but I can’t seem to find them. Maybe I’m looking too hard and in the wrong places.

Here’s a picture of the trunk :

I bought the car used, so perhaps it has been painted and the indentations got filled in. Anyways, I’m sure I’ll find a way to mount it, I was just hoping that somebody might have the instructions. I usually like to be able to read and understand the instructions so I don’t miss something before butchering it up. I know it’s not rocket science, but this is a one shot deal and if I mess it up, I’ll be screwed. If anyone else has any comments and suggestions it would also be appreciated.

Man, I thought you had a 2dr. You will need to eyeball it and then transfer the measurements to the opposite side. There are no markings for a 4dr.

Good luck, and if you have any questions let me know.

-Erwin

Thanks for ther comments Erwin. Not nearly as many DBs on here as there are DAs, so I’m used to people assuming I’m talking about 2drs.

I ended up doing a template on a piece of cardboard and then transfering the marks from the template to the trunklid. After MUCH measuring and tweaking I made the final plunge and drilled the holes. Luckily the way the spoiler’s mounting brackets are designed, it allowed for a bit of side movement. Here’s how it turned out:

Very nice, clean sedan:up:. With painted moldings it would like even cleaner:D

Thanks! That’s actually on my spring to do list along with an OEM bumper that I’m going to install mesh on. I don’t see any aftermarket bumpers that I like so I’m opting to go that route.

It’s always the best reward to take the plunge and have it come out the way you want it. It looks good and even so congrats bro.

Peace