Jdm headlight/fog light cover

Ok here what’s up…. I just bought one new jdm headlight cause the one on my car has as small crack on it from shipping

The problem is the new one I got didn’t have that yellow cap in it for the fog light……

So my question is, how do you get that yellow piece out of the other headlight or is it easy to put the yellow cover back into this new headlight….

Btw I don’t feel like taking the 1pc headlights apart, they’re in mind condition and I don’t want to warp them…

only way is to open them up.
use a blowdryer or heat gun, it works fine and you won’t warp them.

Unfortunately, this is the only viable way to remove the yellow cap. I think it is physically possible for you to try to remove the yellow cap from the back side through the hole where you install the bulb, but the problem there is that in doing so you’d probably damage the lens and you may not be able to remove the entire yellow condom anyway.

Seriously, I was really timid about taking apart my one-pieces (I wanted to remove the fog light glare guards), but I just followed the teg tips, and took my time, and it worked out just fine.

Give me a shout on AIM or MSN if you need a hand; I remember meeting you at the Seattle meet at Alki in like April… I’m always down to give a local G2IC-er a hand with a project :up:

Heck yeah I remember you too… I haven’t seen you in everett or on the I-5 for a while…

I guess if I have to I’ll take them apart… could’nt be much harder than doing the taillights… it’s just so time consuming…

btw… is that yellow cover glass, plastic or made of rubber… I’ve never looked at it. (I’ll just look for one in the for sale forum… I think I’d rather keep the fogs yellow)

another thing, what glue did you use to reseal the lights

later

vic

Yeah, I moved to the Eastside so I don’t get up north that often and my commute takes me down the 405 so I’m rarely on the 5.

Definitely not that hard at all. I invested two hours from start to finish. It was really simple. I think the yellow cover is plastic, although I didn’t pay that much attention to it.

I just went to Schucks and got some All-Purpose weatherproof sealant. It came in a foil tube. I have a ton of it left over if you want some… hit me up on AIM or MSN if you want and we can meet up.