side skirts

anyone ever put side skirts on before? I had them put on my teg and they raised the doors a little bit. they said it was the only way it would fit. I’m not so sure about that, but now when I close the door, they close but don’t line all the way up. if anyone could help me out on this, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89638

no pics in link.

refresh

still doesn’t work after refreshing. how do you put them on though? do you use screws? if so, what kind? where do you put them? the skirts are pretty much all trimmed on the top and they go under the door, but it scrapes…and like I said early, my doors are lifted up a little which tweaked my alignment for them. I’m pretty pissed at this shop. If I could get some feed back, I could tell them what’s up.

I don’t know why they would do that to your doors.

Yes, you can use screws to hold them in… just get your door back to normal and trim the skirts w/ a dremel or table saw…

maby ur car has bin hit and ur doors dont sit right ever think of that ? if ur doors hardly close with out skirts then they wont close with skirts at all and if they do close they will b off… loosen ur doors and move them up i have the DC sides too but they fit nice and dont touch the doors at all… good luck !

well the car has been hit, but not where the doors are. and they did close fine until the shop put my side skirts on. now they don’t close that well since they are tilted up a little or whatever. if I could see where you guys put screws from the body kit to the door jams, that would be very helpful. thanks

So what if it isn’t where the doors are?

My car was hit in the front and the hatch wouldn’t close right…

Doesn’t make a difference…

Sideskirts

Hi there, the shop should never have raised the doors for the very reason you mentiond. When I fit mine I just hade to trim about 10 mm of the top and then glue the top piece down so it didn’t rub on the door. I used Urethane glue as it is very strong and when dried it remains flexible so if you kick it it won’t shater like epoxi. The only problem with the glue is that it takes ages to dry (bout 12 hours or more). To fit the skirts, I put a piece of 3mm custom wood between the door ant the skirt to hold them seperate while the glue dried. Hope this helps.

might help to let us know which side skirts you are having problems with. some side skirts go on without any problems(wings west)

thanks for the tip with the urethane glue. that should help out alot. yeah I’m gonna go bitch at the shop, but I don’t want to give my car back to them to fix…I’m afraid they’ll do more damage. I dunno what to do. the side skirts i have are the black widow sides from extreme dimensions.

:werd: thanx for pointing that one out.

logidini: For some Idiotic reason I thought you meant DC sides. I know understand why you were having fitment issues. Most Body kits have fitment issues as it is. Companies swear they are meant for our cars when they don’t fit right at all. Do a little trimming here an there and they should come up pretty evenly, but messing with your door alignment is something one shouldn’t do under ANY circumstances (unless doing Lambo doors or something to that effect).