carbonfiber fender and bumper???

i got into a little crash yesterday damagine my bumper and front right fender. i was thinking about replacing them with carbon fiber ones. the only carbon fender i can find is this one http://www.importfan.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_105_106&products_id=1003
but i couldnt find an oem style carbon bumper. does anyone have suggestions for bumper or fender. what do you guys think of that carbon fender? where can i get good carbon fender and bumper? what prices should i be expecting? i just want to make it look stock again so if i got carbon i would have it painted over my stock aztec green when i get the money. nothing is for sure just asking for suggestions. what do you guys think?

If you are going to paint it anyway, why not just buy used pieces from other members here? I’m sure you can get the fender and bumper, and probably a repaint, for the cost of that CF fender.

Definately dont get carbon fiber fenders or bumper if your going to paint over them. I know first hand that the fenders only weigh like…maybe 5 lbs?..and just the bumper cover is pretty light as well. If you were doing it for looks I could see the need for c/f, but not for weight savings. Plus I think if you got in a lil accident the c/f would shatter, but I’m not sure about that.

yes but the thing is i wont paint it for a few years atleast because if i pay up for the carbon i wont have the money for the paint for a long time. i would have to leave it carbon for a long time before i repaint. thanks tho haha

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99745

check that out, see if you like it.

edit - nevermind, i didnt look at the link. my bad. :owned: isn’t that guy a member here? or was one? i remember a honey beige G2 with carbon fiber front end…

how much are you guys willing to sell stock bumpers and fenders for? i have the aztec green DB2 so if you have an old 92-93 gsr parts the same color that would be even better so i wouldnt have to paint it haha.

so you were going to get one fender and a bumper cover, and leave them unpainted for a long time? is your hood CF?

Look in the for sale forum - I’m pretty sure you could get parts and paint for less than the $500 for that CF fender.

i wanted to get both sides carbon and just replace the bumper not get a cover but i am just looking around for options nothing is for sure yet.

wht part of the bumper are you talking about? stock there is the metal support, the foam piece, and the plastic bumper cover.

If you like the look of the CF fenders then go for it. It will hardly be any lighter though and you can def. get 2 fenders and repaint them for less than $1000.