problem w/1piece install

we don’t know how to plastic intake pipe off under the passengers side ligh housing. it’s blocking a bolt we need to get the housing off. also these 1pieces i bought don’t have brackets on the bottem.

• can anyone help?

Hey bro,

Nice to see another Eastside seattle-ite on the boards here… where about in Kirkland are you? I see G2s around quite a bit, and always wonder if they’re member’s cars.

Anyway, you might start HERE; you may have already read that, but it might be helpful.

As for getting that piece for the intake out of the car, it’s a bit of a pain, but can be done pretty easily.

If you want, I might be able to meet up with you and give you a hand with it… hit me up on MSN Messenger (info in profile) if you want me to try to give a hand… I’ll be back in Kirkland at probably about 6pm tonight.

Edited to add: When I got my one-pieces, they didn’t come with bottom brackets either. They’re not necessary for the install, but I would recommend getting them as an anti-theft measure.

HTH

Like he said it’s better for anti-theft if you have the bottom brackets. Someone could just pop your hood and unscrew the top bolts and take your lights in about 20 seconds.

When you said something about the intake piece, are you referring to the intake resonator? It looks like a big black box and has some wire mesh where the factory intake goes. There is a teg tips on how to get it out, it’s very simple… although I wouldn’t understand why you would need to take it out to ge the lights in.

I think he’s referring to the small runner that takes air in from the front of the car (immediately left of the hood latch, under the hood) and runs it to the airbox. It makes it hard to get the underbolt on the headlights out if I remember right (it’s been a while since I installed mine).

ok, i got that intake piece out. hm… the bracket closest to the fender is broken so, does anyone know of anything that will glue it back on nicely? and the corner of the s same light is cracked/chipped. its hanging out a bit, is there anything that’ll make that stay put too?

where can i get bottem brackets?

if i remember right, the bottom brackets on my usdm’s were the same as the ones that came with my jdm’s.

really?..i gotta try this 2mrw, thanks

Also might wanna check Here…

As for the brackets… if the plastic mounting part is snapped off the one piece headlight… it’s as good as gone… you can try epoxy… but it takes a long time to cure properly… and wont really hold that well… if it’s just the metal bracket… yea… the ones on the USDM headlights work fine… i was missing one of those and used mine off my USDM lights…