Rear washer jet plugged

Didn’t come up with anything in my search so:

Is there any easy ways to fix a plugged rear washer jet? I noticed that I can hear the pump whirring, but nothing comes out of the jet. The front jets work fine, but the rear jet doesn’t. It occasionally spits out a dirty drop of water. I think the nozzle is jammed. Is there any way to easily fix this?

Thanks!

Firstly try a very thin piece of wire, and insert it into the sprayer nozzle and see if that clears it. If not, try blowing compressed air into the sprayer and see if it clears it.

Failing that, try removed the back part of the roof lining to access the sprayer and remove it, and give it a good cleaning out.

Good luck

Mine was that way when I bought the car, I poked wire in it and nothing came out, finally I just let it run awhile and eventually it worked. I think all the fluid had dried out b/c the car sat so long.

hehe when I had the red teg it was fun as hell. The front ones came out of the hood (never worked) and the rear one sprayed at least 10 feet out…

Traffic jams/crosswalks were quite the event. :slight_smile: All passengers got a kick outta that one.

ha

I did the same thing to my rear jet. i pointed it straight back so i could piss on people behind me. It was amusing for awhile.

…the rear one sprayed at least 10 feet out…

:giggle: Cool! That would definitely be a road rage inducer…

Thanks guys!

haha yeah a friend from school did that to his jeep. Its so funny, he drives by and parks right near the front doors and when ppl are walking to the parking lot he randomly turns it on and jets! But anyways, the same thing happend to me. My dad was scraping the snow off of the roof of my car one year and he forgot there was the nozzle there and he gave it a good whack. Ever since than it hasnt quite worked. Now, when you turn it on, it dribbles a bit of water BUT theres no water marks on the inside roof lining of the car. That to me makes no sense. SOOOOOO after all that, my Q is; If i take off the roof lining, will i be able to fix my problem?

:worry: I tried clearing the jet today with a wire. It didn’t work…so I guess I’ll be lookin into that headliner teg tip…

B|ang, white rock has snow? I’m heading back to BC soon, will be in Vancouver. Hope we can fix this thing before the weather gets too crappy…