Are clear corners legal?

Ok so i want to install some clear corners cause i really cant afford the 1 pieces. Are these illegal, if so how would i make them legal to put on?

You got to get the ones with the reflector. They look just like OEM but the reflector isn’t orange its clear. Some clear corners don’t have any reflectors and I think those are illegal. Also get some amber bulbs not super white if you worried about the law.

you still need an amber reflector on the front of your car.
apc makes legal ones for 94-97 accords + 92-95 civics. the amber reflector is a small line on the bottem of the corner light.

Oops didn’t know that. We all break the law little :giggle:

This might help

Califorina Vehicle Codes

Try this for a search
Califorina Vehicle Code Search

in Ca. ALL cars are required to have an orange reflector facing the front/side of the corner of the car. so clear corners are illegal because it lacks an orange reflector. putting in an orange bulb will not cut it in Ca. either.

there is nothing you can do to the clear corner itself to make it legal.

my jdm headlights are legal…in japan.

so has anyone ever had problems with their jdm 1 piece?

I believe the laws are the same or similar here in Washington… I got pulled over twice when I had clear corners in with super-white bulbes.

When I bought my JDM one-pieces, I put amber bulbs into the corner sockets, and have not had a single problem since.

I’m not saying it’s legal, but the orange bulbs help for sure (both times I was pulled over previously were at night when it was obvious that I didn’t have amber lighting on the car.)

this is 90DATEGs car in the premier section

whats that amber thing called on the side of his car? if i put it on will it make the clear corners legal?

That looks like a JDM Amber sidemarker light. It is not reflective though, and does not count. If you had that and amber bumper lights, you’d probably never get hassled for it though.

We all take risks in modifying our cars. If you don’t want to get hassled by the police, don’t mod your car so that is doesn’t comform to DOT standards.

all i can say is if you want a definite answer as to what to do to make your clear corners legal, take a trip down to your local chp and ask them. ask them about the sides makers as well.

bottom line is if it has met sae or dot standards, its not legal, especially when it comes to lighting.

I think you mean 'if it has NOT met SAE or DOT standards, it’s not legal.

hahha whoops…yea thats what i meant hhah

Anyone from SF know if cops really pull you over for clear corners? i think ima just do it, it looks so much cleaner than oem. :naughty:

For GA peeps, there is no law against clear corners. There is actually a law that allows ANY color blinker! However, cops still pull over and give ticket for one or the other.

:wtf:

So, it’s a judgement call. If you get pulled over, you didn’t do anything wrong, but unless you defend yourself, you may have a small legal bill for from your attorney when it’s all done…

*always consult a local attorney before making legal decisions in your area (buddies do not = attorney)