Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing 93 Front Bumper

Collapse
X

Removing 93 Front Bumper

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Removing 93 Front Bumper

    Is there a difference between the removal of a 90-91 bumper and the 92-93 bumper? I tried to take my bumper off my 93 and it seemed like there were more screws at the top then I was expecting.

    According to the TegTips, do I understand correctly that I only need to remove the two screws behind the bumper lights, the four screws located in the wheel wells, and then some clips to get the bumper off?? So I'm suppossed to leave the 4-6 screws at the top of the bumper (some under the headlights)?


    #2
    well.........theres 2 in each fender well............theres 2 underneath the car.........and theres 1 in each lenzs.(YOUR TICKERS).........and your done it will slide right off.... just take those 6 screws out and your set

    Comment


      #3
      to take the bumper off including rebar and foam there are:

      2 screws in each fenderwell.
      2 bolts behind each bumper signal light.
      bunch underneath the car attaching the bottom of the bumper cover to the car.

      the bolts with screw heads on the top of the bumper cover running under the lights only need to be removed to sperate the cover from the rebar and foam.

      However. even if you plan to remove the cover from the rebar, it is best to remove it complete with rebar first, because then you can unscrew the top bolts using a wrench instead of a screwdriver, which strips those top bolts really easily. Use the wrench to unbolt... and the screwdriver to refasten.

      I hope that makes sense.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Saint
        the bolts with screw heads on the top of the bumper cover running under the lights only need to be removed to sperate the cover from the rebar and foam.
        Ok, I think I understand now. I don't need to worry about getting the top screws out to remove the bumper (to change headlamp assemblies). Just leave top screws in and everything will be fine... right?

        Comment


          #5
          yep. you will be fine. in fact if you have a super long extension for your ratchet.. you dont even need to remove the bumper. just pull the corner lights and you should be able to slide the extension in and reach the bolt holding the bracket on. there are 2 lower brackets for each light.

          If you are putting in one pieces.... i got mine in without removing the bumper at all. it just takes a little tugging. But of course then you cant reattach the lower brackets to the one pieces.

          Comment


            #6
            Many thanks go out to the G2IC community. Because of your help, I was able to put in my new lights!

            Mug Shot


            The new front end


            Angel-eyed babe


            For those curious to know what they look like when they are on during the day...

            Comment


              #7
              that looks great..... now paint those bumper lights amber and you will look even better.

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks for the compliment.

                I know a lot of people like the amber turn signal look, but I want to go with black turn signals (still trying to decide how to tackle that) to match the head lights and the rest of my future plans (dark tint, black grille, and black tails). I just like how the red and black really contrast each other well.

                Comment


                  #9

                  Comment


                    #10
                    you assholes. you just helped some1 rice out their car!
                    jk. lights are pretty ugly but car looks clean.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 2067739
                      Thanks for the compliment.

                      I know a lot of people like the amber turn signal look, but I want to go with black turn signals (still trying to decide how to tackle that) to match the head lights and the rest of my future plans (dark tint, black grille, and black tails). I just like how the red and black really contrast each other well.
                      You can "smoke" bumper signals, they turn out dark greyish.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by GrayT
                        You can "smoke" bumper signals, they turn out dark greyish.
                        Are there any pics on G2IC that I can look at?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by KraZEtEggIE
                          you assholes. you just helped some1 rice out their car!
                          jk. lights are pretty ugly but car looks clean.


                          I was waiting for the JDMers to say something about those projectors...

                          To each his own, I appreciate the JDM look, but it's just not what I'm wanting to do. At least we won't be able to say we're copying each other

                          Seriously though, thanks for saying the car looks clean, I try really hard to keep it that way!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X