3M headlight film protector

so i was lookin to buying some for my one pieces to protect from rock chips and stuff flying at my lights. i was reading that someone put them on their fogs ( not a g2 tho) and it burned and melted. so my question is are jdm lights hot enough to melt the film? does anyone else have it on their lights? any ideas would be great :bow:

What the hell? I’ve never heard of this melting.

I’m also looking into the film but it’s a bit on the expensive side. And since our lights are so long and contoured by the turn signals, I don’t know how it would fit.

I’ve checked around and no one has a kit for our cars yet - even though I email them every now and then. I did take measurements though.

they must have put some cheap shit on there. The real stuff is ment to be on the glass/plastic to protect the headlights from damage.

ya it must have been some cheap stuff then. on a side note i am having craploads of trouble trying to replace my bulbs, they just dont seem like they wanna come loose from the black plug. any tips on gettin them off??

jdm lights should be a lot cooler due to them being plastic vs glass.

the 3m film that i think you’re talking about is indeed expensive. my neighbor spent 500$ on a film kit for his sti. no it didnt cover the whole car…

daymmm didnt know it was soo expensive, im gonna call some local places and see what their prices are. winters are pretty harsh up here in canada, dont want nothing to happen to my new toys

Yeah this shit is expensive…I was looking around for a clear bra for my G35 and everyone wanted 500-1000 bucks just to install it…fuk that. I bought a 3M clear bra for 150 bucks and i’ll do that shit myself…I dont really car if I mess it up…I figure I have 4 tries to mess it up before I wasted my money

just go to your local crap tire or part source and you can get some sheets of headlight protectors forget the brand… not 3m… but this stuff is super strong… its demo’d as taking a shot gun pellet and still protecting the light.

And it’s guaranteed never to yellow… cut to your headlight and your ready to go.

I’ve had mine on for 8 months now no melting can’t even tell it’s on… and best of all no yellowing.

you dont say? how much? just cut and heat gun it on right

don’t even need to heat gun it on… it’s like 75 buxs i think for a sheet of 8.5 by 12 i believe.

It’s good stuff trust me. Head down to a part source or canadian tire (they the same owned by canadian tire) and you can get them… i’ll call after i get off work i forgot my cell to get the actual name of the product.

nice, ya i was told to check out cdn tire or parts source, havent yet but i definitely will. where did u see this demo im interested in seeing that myself.

saw it on tv haha (as trusting as that should be) but ya i’ve seen both the 3m stuff is like a film… but this sheet is like 3-4mm thick… but don’t worry you can’t notice it at all on the car. Still at work though :stuck_out_tongue:

the guys at part source say it’s called headlamp protectors and they are 30 bucks cdn for two sheets