93 weather stripping/ seals

the kits are discontinued, and from my knowledge the universal material is no bueno?

im sure im not the only one with this problem

what are the options?

What parts are you looking for specifically

Have to find them from a doner car. No one makes aftermarket weather stripping or seals for our cars.

:(, im pretty sure its just the hatch, and possibly the taillight gaskets, i know water comes down the back hatch, and it all ends up pooled in the truck, in both far corners.

besides that, almost all my seals looked trashed, besides the sunroof,
so hopefully my local salvage yards pan out.

Tail light gaskets are still available last time I checked. It’s all of the window/door trim/moldings/seals that are discontinued. You may be able to get all of the parts at the dealer needed to fix your leaks.

You can still get the tail light gaskets from Acura. They cost around $70.00 for the set. There is an aftermarket company that makes tail light gaskets they are called Detroit Muscle. They sell their gaskets on EBay for $25.00 shipped. I used them on my GS-R the last time I replaced the tail lights. They are slightly thicker than OEM and have worked perfect on my car.

sorry for the absence, thank you for the feedback, will be looking into Acura for gaskets.

I know this is old, but basically, there’s no door or window seals available? I Have a 91 GS and I hardly see any on the road much less salvage yard. Guess no one will be restoring these cars.

Yup, it’s all discontinued. Some of us ARE restoring these cars. And we’re doing it by doing just that - restoring parts instead of replacing them. It’s not ideal, but it’s all we’ve got until someone starts reproducing these parts.

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but how exactly do you remove these delicate window seals from donor cars?

The front door “seals” are comprised of 2 main parts - the rubber weather stripping and then the metal trim piece. The rubber weather stripping is mainly just pressure fit into the metal trim piece, so you can just pull it out. At the ends of the rubber weather stripping you’ll find some plastic clips holding it in place. Once the rubber is out of the way the screws will be visible to remove the metal trim. Once you start looking at it all up close it’s pretty self explanatory. There’s a diagram on page 20-86 of your Helms manual as well.

Excellent. I’ve been buying parts off a totaled '92 LS. Might want to possibly buy those seals I guess.

In my experience the seals aren’t as worn or problematic as the trim around them. But yeah, I’d grab whatever you can if it’s better than what you have on your car already. Be careful with the rubber seals - I actually bought one BNIB a while back and now it’s cracked. I’m not sure if it happened before I got it and I just didn’t notice or it happened in my storage. Looks like the rubber was creased and it finally just split where that crease was :frowning:

i might be beating a dead horse with posting a comment here but i figurepost it here than start a new thread .

had my windshield replaced by safelite . they bring it out and they tell me it now has gaps around the top corners. im like uhh. what. so i take it home. go online and learn what everyone else is learning. that most all the seals and moldings are discontinued.

i dont understand. why they would discontinue seals without a company to provide a replacement part. especially for the windshield.

so i need to find the top seal
and both seals that go under the metal corners at th
e top of windshield. correct

The dealer and manufacturer don’t care. With these older cars they don’t have any incentive to keep old stock like that around taking up space on their warehouse shelves. I with that wasn’t the case but unfortunately it is. Instead, they’re more incentivized to just try and put you into a new car.

The top windshield molding (#7 73151-SK7-023) is discontinued but aftermarket is available. When I had my windshield done the installer brought this part with him. Any reputable installer should have access to this part. Anyone who doesn’t should be avoided as they clearly don’t have access to the parts they need or they simply don’t care. I believe they buy this molding in bulk rolls and cut to fit, but I’m not positive. An aftermarket replacement can also be found on RockAuto. The one that I ordered from them seems very high quality and is almost an exact match to OEM (I happen to also have a BNIB OEM one which I compared it to).

For the corner pieces you’re out of luck. You can buy the plastic clips for these but not the corners themselves not the rubber that was affixed to them. Best way to deal with these is remove your factory ones, remove the rubber if it’s torn, clean, repaint (duplicolor or 3M trim paint) and re-install. The rubber is not needed and if you remove it all it will look pretty clean. Not perfectly original but looks better than part of the rubber being there and part missing.