hid wiring question

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/angthelastavatar/securedownload-1.jpg

i got a set of hids and when i went to wire them up and everything i noticed that they have a red and black wire. but on the headlights for the car theres 2 red wires and 1 black wire. and the adapter harness that the hids came with have 3 plugs on them and the ballast only has 2.

no matter what combination i put the 2 wires in the adapter harness they dont turn on. i even just plugged them directly into the stock harness but i cant get them on.

do i have to do some cutting and splicing or something for the third wire slot?

did you do your grounds like you were supposed to? also, are you running the kit to a constant power source? my kit needed this. maybe yours does too. as far as the two red wires go, one is for highs and the other for lows. you will have to pick which circuit you want to run off of.

n/m i got it…

thanks anyway

what was it?

i found out that the two red wires are for hi and low and the black wire is supposed to go into the red wire that your not using.

example…

if you want the hids for your low beams then put the black wire in the high beam and the red wire in the low and vice versa.

and i also found out that i need to push the wire into the harness REALLY far or else the connection wont happen. i needed to push it ALL the way in there…