Brake/Horn Fuse

So I have a bit of an odd one here and perhaps thought maybe someone had some feedback.

So recently my brake/horn fuse keeps blowing and I’m not sure why.

Once I replace the fuse my horn works and the upper brake light works but the lower ones do not seem to work.

After replacing the fuse last night I drove for over 2 hours and had absolutely no problems then when I stopped to check the brake lights again the fuse was then blown.

So I took at look at the bulbs and they were fine except they were 2057 not 1157 and I was perhaps thinking that the 2057 was to much for the socket and causing possible problems?

Other thing that was odd was that when I did put my foot on the brake pedal it seemed like something was over drawing power and all the lights including headlights would dim a lot. But removing the taillight bulb didn’t change this at all.

Now the only major thing I have done recently was pull out a very poor hack job of an alarm system with some stupid wiring that I may have to recheck.

But I guess my main concern would running that type of bulb make a difference? As I do know the 2057 do require more juice.

If you hadn’t said everything dimmed real bad when you pressed the brake pedal, I would guess yea the new bulbs are too much maybe try a higher-rated fuse. If it was a 10 try a 15, or if it was 15 try 30…

But since everything dims and you just did a quick and dirty alarm wire job, my guess is there is a short in the wiring that turns on the lower lights. The lights are tied into the alarm system - that’s how it blinks them right? So there may be a short to ground on those lights, so when you hit the brakes maybe it works for a little bit then blows the fuse… That would also explain why removing the bulb doesn’t help - there is a hot wire that is shorting to ground. If you take a continuity-tester you can turn the car (and lights) off and see if there is continuity between the “hot” brake light wire and chassis (shouldn’t be).

Although I agree with the above, probably a short in the brake light wiring, I would check the wiring for the “lower” brake lights as they do not work even if the “upper” one does.

I do not agree… never replace a fuse with a bigger one, you could end up burning your car to the ground.

If the cars park lights are working properly, other then they dim when brake is used, the problem is not in the park light circuit or anything you did when you removed the alarm wiring, if the fuse only blows when using the brakes the problem is in the brake circuit, check the wiring for the lower brakes. 94