Head lights go dim when i push on brake pedel

so like my title say my headlights go dime when i push my brake pedel and also when i roll down my windows. so i was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and can help me out.

thanks

yezzir…same here my headlights n tails dim…windows roll up n down slow…i waz tld its my alternator…still havnt got around to replacing it…

There are a few things that can cause this, I’ve been there and it sucks.

First disconnect the battery and clean the posts and the inside of the clamps so you have nice shiny surfaces that match up. Battery cleaning tools are cheap (under $10 at most places) and should be a mainstay of any toolbox. In a pinch sandpaper can work. Also check and possibly clean the ground cable connection from the negative battery cable to the chassis near the battery tray. There is a second ground cable from the valve cover to the front bar above the radiator on the drivers side. Corrosion on contact surfaces can halter the flow of electrons causing all sorts of headaches.

If that doesn’t do anything then drive down to your local friendly parts store. Most decent ones (Orilley, AZ, Advance, etc…) will check the battery and alternator while in the car with their special scan tool for free. You could also get the alternator bench tested by removing it and taking it to the store (make sure the store has the proper equipment first). I’ve been told that this is a more accurate way of testing.

It could also be a weak battery, but that usually shows itself with the engine cranking over slowly when you start it up.

Good luck!

Ditto the above^^^, but do not forget the chassis to engine ground, [on bracket by transmission].
It is also a good idea to check, [clean] the batt. to engine bay fuse box and alt. to engine bay fuse box connections, make sure the main fuses are screwed down properly and don’t forget the charge line at the alt., any testing of the charging system, either in the car or out, [alt.] means nothing if all the main power and ground connections have not been checked, [removed, cleaned and reconnected]. 94

had the same problem do what they say above check your grounds and if cappable switch them all to 6 or 4 gauge.

Thanks for all the help and info guys