turn signal problem

OK first off i got the car with a set of one-piece headlights that the wiring was half-assed together.

Well here is the problem if i put the left turn signal on the rear light blinks but the front does not (but the right one flashes instead) now if i turn the parking/headlights on and i put on the left signal the left front blinker still does not flash and the right one stays out as it should…any suggestions on what the issue is??

If you are talking about the front side markers, next to head lights and not the signal lights down on the front clip then the problem mau be the ICU, the ICU controls the front side markers, flashing them on for signal and hazard lights, turning them on for park lights and flashing them off for signal and hazard lights when park lights are on.

With pimp my ride JDM one-piece headlights installed with mickey-mouse wiring it is hard to say what and how it was done.

What is the MM&Y of your car, 92 Integra?
What is the trim level?
Do you have the bumper, [front clip] lights, if so do they work properly, [should work as signal lights only]?

As mentioned the front side markers should work as signal lights and park lights. 94

sorry to revive an old thread but i have a similar problem.

i put in some legend fog covers on my center fogs last night.
& after i got them on and they worked fine. (nice and yellow :])

and now the problem:
when park/head lights are on my RIGHT signal activates only my rear right light.
when my lights are off, my RIGHT signal makes both my corner lights blink as though hazards were on.
(my front bumper lights don’t blink, they’re just permanently on)
(and my rear turn signals have no problems)

my left turn signal works fine too.

could i have possibly shorted something out installing that?..
or whats going on

MM&Y of car?

So I understand…

After the “mod” the fog lights work properly, [do low beams need to be on or are the fogs rewired]?

When you turn on the park/head lights your rear right signal light comes on, does it blink or is it on solid, do all the park, [tail] lights work properly?

The front side markers are controlled by the ICU, blink on as signal or hazards, turn on as park lights and blink off as signal or hazard lights if park/head lights are on, if there is any problem there, it is most likely the ICU.
Do they work properly otherwise, only the left blinks when left signal is turned on?

Unless the front bumper lights have been rewired they should be signal/hazard lights only, correct?
What does “they’re just permanently on” mean exactly, both on solid when signalling left or right, on with park/head lights, or what?

Without more info all I can suggest is you recheck the head light assembly install, make sure you have not “pinched off” part of the wiring harness. 94

[QUOTE=fcm;2097890]MM&Y of car?

So I understand…

After the “mod” the fog lights work properly, [do low beams need to be on or are the fogs rewired]?

When you turn on the park/head lights your rear right signal light comes on, does it blink or is it on solid, do all the park, [tail] lights work properly?

The front side markers are controlled by the ICU, blink on as signal or hazards, turn on as park lights and blink off as signal or hazard lights if park/head lights are on, if there is any problem there, it is most likely the ICU.
Do they work properly otherwise, only the left blinks when left signal is turned on?

Unless the front bumper lights have been rewired they should be signal/hazard lights only, correct?
What does “they’re just permanently on” mean exactly, both on solid when signalling left or right, on with park/head lights, or what?

Without more info all I can suggest is you recheck the head light assembly install, make sure you have not “pinched off” part of the wiring harness. 94[/QUOTE]

ok sorry some of that was unclear.
my bumper lgihts are “permanently on” meaning they stay on with my park lights, and they don’t blink whatsoever.
& by fog lights working, i mean the bulbs light, factory setting: headlights on first.

but here’s the problem:
when my park/head lights are on, everything works fine (including corners)

but when my lights are off, my right turn signal makes my corner lights both blink. rear turn signals are working properly at all times.

i guess i can run park lights during the day so my signals work right? lol what’s the legality of doing that

Your problem is the ICU, it controls the front side markers/signal lights.

I know of no law anyplace that would prevent you from using the park/head lights during the day. 94

[QUOTE=fcm;2099203]Your problem is the ICU, it controls the front side markers/signal lights.

I know of no law anyplace that would prevent you from using the park/head lights during the day. 94[/QUOTE]

hmm i observed it again tonight. with the engine on this time. i think it reacted differently?

corner lights work fine with headlights off.
left corner light blinks for my right signal when my headlights are on.
ahh wtf… this is ICU right?

and i searched a bit about the ICU’s… my clock is permanently at 1:00.
and my a/c blower is weakk… almost non existent… but i hear it? saw couple things about this on other threads but was unclear.
icu problem too ?

The ICU has nothing to do with the clock or the blower motor.

A clock that stays at 1:00 has no constant 12V+.

A “weak” blower can be caused by a number of things, you would need to do some testing to determine what the problem is. 94

I had the same problem with my da, and it was a bad ground connection. There is a ground junction connector on the left front behind the headlight check all your ground connections to be sure they are making good contact