Jdm climate controls

Does anyone know how to wire up the jdm digital climate controls cause I’m going to be doing a rhd conversion and the only thing I forsee being a problem is wiring this up.

I have never seen this installed in a car even. Mad props, even more props for being in oregon!

I don’t any one has ever gotten it to work on a USDM car.

Yeah, I remember someone here tried to retro fit that puppy but got nowhere. The North American G2 was just wired differently (sensors, etc.) to run that control unit properly.

For the conversion I’m getting the clip without the motor and tranny and stuff, so I’m wondering if all the sensors and wiring would be there so I can just swap them over when I’m converting the rest of it

Aside from electrical components, the climate control system also has electro-mechanical components that are figured differently in LHD and RHD models. Actually, if you did a search the following thread would have answered your question:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193474&highlight=jdm+climate+control

[QUOTE=lowntegra;2024444]dude…have fun ! it is a PAIN-IN-THE-A…i actually just did the opposite, converting US climate crap to work in a RHD dash…not easy at all. all the wiring is different, all the actuators are slightly different under the dash, there are temperature sensors, and extra ducting/piping that wont even FIT in a US dash…not to mention the actuall controls themselves are angled the complete wrong direction…

but…to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t sound like it’s worth it.

Wouldn’t the front clip come with all the actuators sensors and wiring though

People have told you and given you their opinions what you do from there on it’s up to you. Just don’t come bitching and moaning back over here when you finally find out it wont work and you spent all that money to be uber jdm, which to me has been the new rice for the past decade or so.

Off the top of my head, i recall a thread nearly a decade ago, where a guy was able to swap the climate control and get it to “light up” using a custom made harness (if I recall it was made made from part of an IDE/PATA computer ribbon cable).

It didn’t operate the climate control though.

If you look at the USDM climate control you can remove the fan speed/ac switch and hot/cold selector from the left side of the climate control. You MAY be able to relocate it to the right side and it MAY fit into the pocket on the JDM dashboard. IF you’re using the push button USDM control, as opposed to the RS slider style, you MAY have to lengthen some wires. Notice I am saying MAY as it I’m not 100% certain this will work. Based on photos of JDM integras and integras from NZ (many of which have a climate control that looks EXACTLY like the USDM version, only the a/c button hot/cold selector are on the RIGHT side of the unit) it appears that will a little modding this MAY work.